Hearing problems after THR

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Ever since my hip replacement, I have been able to 'hear' mu heartbeat in my right ear. It is only apparent when it is quiet like when going to sleep, the TV masks it.

Has anyone else had this?

Regards

Graham

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Graham:

I wonder if you have a build up of ear wax?  Is there a history of hypertension, also.  Might be an idea to have this checked out.

• Posted

I have always had sensitive hearing...and for many years have had to wear earplugs to get to sleep.  Immediately after surgery i noticed an increase in sensitivity in my ears....it sounded like everyone was yelling.  I also can hear my heartbeat in my ears at times...mostly when going to sleep.  Weird!!

Mel

• Posted

oh...and i am 18 days post THR on right side....45 years old....female...legg/calve/perthes as a kid.
    • Posted

I will be seeing my surgeon on Thursday, I'll ask him then.

I am at day 26, THR left side, 63 year old male. Happily married for 40 years.

Ex Motorcycle rider (2300cc Triumph Rocket III), hence the nickname.

Regards

Graham

• Posted

Hiya Graham

I have the same thing but then I did have it b4 the op when I have a few scotches or wine in the evening. It is a lot worse now and is probably due to the blood thinners that we take I know it's not having a drink for you cos I think you thought that you couldn't have a drink with the tabs. Oh dear all that wasted will power gone to wastebiggrin or should it be sad

• Posted

Definitely biggrin, the old excrutiating hip pain has gone, and I can cope with the post-op pain.

Not worried about giving up alcohol for 6 weeks - I am in control, not the alcohol in control of me.

I am hoping it's the thinners that is causing it, it comes and goes.

Regards

Graham

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.