New discovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was very near to being better. My fissure was retreating, I was not bleeding. I had starting taking fybogel as every website imaginable had told me it was a good idea.

Over the last weekend I can only describe what I went through as a never ending nightmare. The fybogel fully kicked in but instead of helping matters it pretty much ripped me in half. Any progress was reversed. I did not manage to sit or lie for nineteen hours. Nineteen hours no exaggeration. By Monday, I was sleep deprived and my back went fully into spasm. I wound p in urgent care and was given valium to knock me out.

I saw my doctor today as I was terrified. And she was horrified when I told her I had been taking fybogel. She said until the fissure was healed, any bulking substitutes such as fybogel would continue to tear me open over and over again.

I am on a course of two kinds of laxative, naproxen, tramadol for my back and valium for the spasms.

Good people of this forum, on doctors advice, if your fissure has yet to heal, do not, for the love, take something to bulk your stools. It may well soften them but the sheer volume is too much to allow you to heal. You need to take a laxative to soften and minimise size.

I tell you this because fybogel has set me back by months and as a consequence I am back to utter misery and loss.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im not sure what fybogel is but i 100% symapthize. I have IBS which gives me severe stomach cramping and then wretching diarrhea.. On top of my 17 month old fissure... Told my Dr i wanted the cramping to stop so he gave me doxycyclomine(sp) and it stopped my bowels for 3 days... Pain and rip city!! I was operating on a pain scale of about 3-5 on a daily basis and now im back to a 7-9.. Cant stand for too long, cant be away from home long etc.. Sucks that the Drs call made me worse and its back to the griping and crappiness when i have to polietely ask for my pain pill refill in order to survive daily. Stupidest ailment ever! Wish i could get a butthole transplant sometimes lol
    • Posted

So fybogel is a sachet of husk and fibre you mix in water it bulks up your stool but stays soft, the idea being you don't need to strain. It's a lie! The volume build up alone is damaging and the last thing a fissure should contend with! It's the most tortuous ailment, crippling and humiliating sad wow a butthole transplant would solve so much HaHa.
  • Posted

Dear Caroline,

It truly does saddens me to hear that you took a step backwards. No one should have to go through this, or heal, and then have to endure it again. So sorry that you have to go through this. I simpathise 100%. Its really hard to know who to listen to sometimes, your doctor or the blogs online. Sometimes the doctor is right, and other times that doctors don't know what they are talking about and some of the blogs are right. Nevertheless, I really am sorry that you are set back and have to go through the healing process again. I hope that your 2nd recovery is a lot better and that you heal. I don't know if you already went to the bathroom, and i will say be VERY CAREFUL and consult your doctor before you try this especially  if you have a fissure, but maybe you could try an enema to help get the hard bulky stool out.

My prayers are with  you Caroline!

Sincerely,

Myles 

• Posted

I had that problem. I made the abc juice (apples beets and carrots) and that is all I had for a week. Then I went to veggies and fruit the next week. After that I only ate soft food. No gluten, no junk food, no processed food. Just whole foods. No rice no potatoes. Juice everyday even after you feel better. If you mess up and eat something bad, take mirilax (I take it all the time when there is a fissure, even with the juicing). No chicken or turkey, for some reason that makes hard stool. The abc juice is a life saver! You will feel better in a couple days. Two beets two apples and the rest are carrots. Make a lot to last all day long. I promise you will feel better. Use organic food only. I totally healed myself of a fissure from doing this.

• Posted

I had that problem. I made the abc juice (apples beets and carrots) and that is all I had for a week. Then I went to veggies and fruit the next week. After that I only ate soft food. No gluten, no junk food, no processed food. Just whole foods. No rice no potatoes. Juice everyday even after you feel better. If you mess up and eat something bad, take mirilax (I take it all the time when there is a fissure, even with the juicing). No chicken or turkey, for some reason that makes hard stool. The abc juice is a life saver! You will feel better in a couple days. Two beets two apples and the rest are carrots. Make a lot to last all day long. I promise you will feel better. Use organic food only. I totally healed myself of a fissure from doing this.

• Posted

Has anyone here had the LIS or fissurectomy? Im so miserable that im ready for it but im scared to death of the recovery and pain as well as potential incontinence.. Im a single mother of a 3&6 yr old as well as only caretaker for my dimentia/copd ailed mother and id have nobody to care for them or me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.