8 weeks post op.......and all is great 😃

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all,

Not been around much as I have been back at work now for 2 weeks, slowly increasing my hours, did 30 last week, 35 this and going back to full time next week. I can't believe how many lovely comments I have had from my workmates, the nice to hear 'I've missed you' but even better the 'look at you running around' 'you're like a spring chicken' it's taken years off you' and 'I wasn't sure it was you at first' it's so lovely to hear that I look as good and as better as I feel!

I cannot believe the impact this operation has had on my life - only 8 weeks post op and I can honestly say I am starting to forget that I even had it done.

Unbelievable, I was hobbling around on crutches for 2 years putting this off - massive regret!

I have had an appointment through from my surgeon for an appointment in February to look at my other hip, I suppose it'll be a month or two later I have it done, but if that one goes as well as this one did I shall be one happy happy lady πŸ‘πŸΌ

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Aww that's brilliant Billie so happy for you xx I am going for consultation on Thursday hoping for thr in Jan ..can't wait to feel like you do even though I'm scared stiff of the op I can't wait to be pain free its really getting me down and I feel a lot older than my 48 years :-( xx
  • Posted

Vanessa, I was exactly the same as you. I was so scared I asked to be put to the front of the list on the day, and also asked for a pre med to settle me down. They gave me Valium and within minutes I was out! The next thing I knew, I woke up and was told it was all over, I actually checked my hip for a wound to double check πŸ˜ƒ I never in my wildest dreams thought it would be as good as it has been. I'm just 50 so only slightly older than you, but before this operation I was an old woman! I am now young again and I have my life back.

Absolutely unbelievable, if someone had told me 2 months ago that I would be here today feeling like I do I never would have believed it........and I still have the other one to be done yet!

• Posted

What a lovely positive post to boost everyone. Thank you for this. Β A lot of us are still early days. It's so motivating to read this.Β 
  • Posted

I'm just so happy, I want to tell everyone!

πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸΌxx

• Posted

Well done. I'm at same stage 9 weeks on Friday but don't think I'd be ready for full days on my feet/hips. My new hip is working like a dream but only getting 3/4 hours sleep with other hip pain. In for 2nd hip end of January. If ur surgeon recommends it soon will u have it done? I was hesitant but glad I took the early apt as the pain is like I'm back at square 1 again. Again it's great to hear how well u are after hip op & those comments about how well I look give us such a boost. Pain wrecks us in more ways than one. Enjoy life x
  • Posted

I am scheduled for Monday morning. I can't think of a better send off!! thank you!
  • Posted

Good luck Gail πŸ‘πŸΌ

And Gossip, yes I think I would, I would still be nervous, but I just want it over and done with. I have pain in my left hip - nothing like the right one was, but I know it will get that bad if left. I know it will need doing at some point so I'm now of the mind the sooner the better.

The comments from people I've seen since being up and about are amazing - people saying that before, the pain was etched on my face and describing me now as glowing πŸ˜‚ Hahha I said hey, I'm not pregnant πŸ˜‚ But joking aside, so many people have commented on how my health has changed my whole demeanour and my partner says I've changed attitude ways too, I must admit I was very snappy and grumpy before, but now I just feel happy and smiley all the time.

I think you don't always realise how pain can change you until it's no longer there anymore, and you really do - get your life back xx

• Posted

It's great to read such a positive posting. I'm due THR in January and am very nervous. (In fact my surgeon has just been taken into hospital with chest pains, so hoping op will still go ahead).

i have forgotten what it's like to move around freely, and can't quite accept that the op will set me free rather than make things worse!!

so, thanks again for posting.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.