Plantar fasciitis

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had PF for 6 months now in both feet left is worse than right. I am seeing a podiatrist and he has made me some insoles which I have been wearing for 2 weeks now. I've not seen any I improvement  yet and now I am getting a burning pain in my left hip. I'm worried I may be doing some serious damage due to the way I am walking and shifting my weight due to the pain. I am overweight and am tackling that slowly. Also my ankle feels like I've sprained it which makes the excersises painful. I love walking and usually walk around 4 to 5 miles a day. I hope I can continue to do this as I have given up my Zumba and dance classes which I loved. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would contact the podiatrist and speak to them about the hip problem.  You may be experiencing pain due to your posture.  Or you may have more serious problems than he thinks.  Either way this needs investigating and it can't hurt to ask the question from someone who knows what he is talking about.  Hope all goes well for you.
  • Posted

After numeros treatments and one year of suffering   I found  a good doctor that said is not PF and is tarsal tunnel ! I wish i found him a year ago  , i have to quit my job  because of the pain  and  still having lots of tests to make sure and see what the next step is..All they need to do is the tinnel"s! test. I saw numeros doctors that try to sell me somenthing  just looking at my foot and  said ah  is pf you need this  you need this  but no tests ..
  • Posted

Tarsal tunnel,never thought it could be that but after reading up on it I am going to discuss it with my doctor when I see him in December. Thanks for your replies it's nice to know I'm not alone with this condition,most people have never heard of it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.