Have I Upset Some Body???

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have not received any Patient (PMR/GCA) Emails for the last 10 days which is very unusual, have I upset some body????

My own PMR journey seems to be progressing OK, down to 11.25mg PRED. from 30.mg. early June, with CRP & ESR levels remaing well within limits. Now on 2 monthly visits to blood clinic, will taper down to 10mg. on December 1st.

I have a number of the dreaded PRED. side effects, the only one that troubles me 24/7 is the on going tingley/numb & irritable feeling all over my body, compared to many of my fellow PMR. club members not much to moan about at all !!!!

Kind regards & best wishes to all.

Richard

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have found the same problem with emails from time to time and there was a short spell recently. I just assume it's a glitch! What I do is go on to this site and click on to the red PMR and GCA above the bit which says follow this discussion until the emails start coming in again. Hope this helps. Sorry to hear you have some of the side effects.i have different ones but like you I feel I have nothing to complain about. At least I can get about more comfortably and do a lot more than I did prior to diagnosis. I also feel I am making progress. Best wishes on your journey.
    • Posted

Great!  A couple of people showing progress.  Keep it up PMRers, and keep us informed.
    • Posted

Thank you, Constance. Been out again today. The only day I haven't been out this week was Monday which is a big change on what I could plan just a couple of months ago.
    • Posted

The weather is great over here at the moment, cold but sunny, great for our famous Christmas Markets.   Glühwein, Soester Christmas Liqueur, Stollen, etc. etc.

Xmas just over 3 weeks!  Unbelievable!

• Posted

It all sounds lovely. I haven't been to the Christmas Markets there but have enjoyed the markets in Summer. I can hardly believe how soon Christmas will be upon us. We had very heavy rain here and the roads had a bit of flooding when I travelled in to our nearest city but it had cleared by the time I was going home. Snow forecast for tomorrow but I don't think we'll get it. It seems to be further North. I like snow when I don't have to go anywhere and can sit by the open fire. It's to get colder and that will be fine if we can get some sun!
    • Posted

Glad to hear you are Lidl hooked.  Very skeptical at first, weren't you?

They don't sell English food over here, mores the pity.  No mince pies, little pork pies, Xmas puds, etc etc.  (I can get baked beans and Cheddar though).

Have a great Advent.  C.

• Posted

Constance, you need a shop that imports British grub.  Here in Nova Scotia we have a one that sells the strange foods that Newfoundlanders love!
    • Posted

I imagine there is greater demand for British things most places in Canada than there is in Germany! There are "English shops" but the seasonal things don't get over here very often. We used to have a trip from the UK to here in December and always had a large box of UK goodies for our friends in Erlangen. When I lived in Germany I made my own mince pies and pork pies and sauages at Christmas! Christmas puds keep for ever luckily but I have finally run out this year - you have to be in the UK after November to get gluten-free ones.

Lidl has a basic selection of 500 things that are available in every country they are represented in - but the British selection is very select! 

• Posted

We have one in Cologne, but choice is very restricted - even at Christmas.

Have a great, pain free, Advent.

C. 🎄

• Posted

The only quintessentially British thing that seems to be generally available here is Marmite and I have met only one or two people in my life who like it. (I do). I would like to be able to get Twiglets and Gentlemen's Relish.
    • Posted

Of course we do get Christmas pudding, cake, etc, but they have become naturalized.
    • Posted

I do like my stolen and Lidl's brand is quite good - something I picked up from my three and half years working in Germany back in the 60's.  They do sell a lot of 'British' products along with the usual deals - Italian, German and Spanish food/wine. The other smaller UK supermarket 'Mor..' has been advertising stolen lately but it seems to be on the pricey side! 
  • Posted

I had a day when I couldn't get on to the forum at all. I'm assuming I'm getting all notifications but you can't really tell can you?

I've reported it to the moderator so he can have a shufty...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.