Enlarged ovary with heterogenous texture ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I am scaring myself to death please help.i had a U.S. Scan done last week as I had a very long period.the sonographer said I have enlarged ovaries and one being heterogenous in texture.my dr has referred me to the gyna.has anyone else had this type and I've googled and all that stands out is cancer.i am petrified is there any other causes of this type of enlarged ovary with heterogenous texture? thank you so much Michelle x

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hey Michelle! Ohh dear! sad they are so painful so I can emphasis so much my advice would be 1. Don't google stuff it scares the life out of you hahha i do it all the time but it's just best not too. Go straight to hospital! Go to emergency department that will be the quickest way to get sorted it! I really hope you get sorted!!!

Lauren x

• Posted

Hi Lauren do you have this condition? My dr has referred me to gynocologist.i just keep googling and heterogenous texture on enlarged ovary every time comes up as suspicious malignancy on every site !!!have scared myself so much I now can't sleep or eat.im not in pain all I have is wee frequency.what is wrong with you Lauren ? Thank you for replying Michelle x
  • Posted

Hey try not to worry xx mine were of that and they were dermoid cysts in my ovaries xx you just have to be careful any unusual pain etc go to a and e xx I had mine out last week I'm so reform surgery but the cyst pain has gone xx
    • Posted

Katy thankyou so so much !! Can you tell me did they refer you to gyno after the scan and what did they do to diagnose the problem plse? did they tell you you had heterogenous texture to the ovary too? thankyou so much again I'm never googling again thankyou xxx
    • Posted

Had scan 28th July had to go back to docs then they fast tracked my appointment seen consultant 3oct op 20th nov xx all in all it was a quick process xx it just basically means a mass but mass doesn't mean the big c xx the consultant will tell you what he thinks they are he did with me and explained the gross inners of it lol xx mine have been sent for biopsy any way as a precaution and I do mean precaution xxx the only reason mine was fast tracked is because I was symptomatic and on a lot pain killers xx if you hear the term complex cysts don't panic 9times out of ten they are dermoids which are slow growing cysts that can be huge very rarely I mean very rarel do they turn into something sinister (my consultant told me that) the other type are simple cysts bit like a blister balloon they are also of the same not anything sinister unfortunately I'm not a doctor but I'm telling you what my consultant told me xxxxx do me a favour just concentrate on being as well as you can xx any concerns or questions write them down!! It helps xx
    • Posted

Gynealogical consultant/surgeon xx
  • Posted

By the way heterogeneous basically means: consisting of different things xx a dermoid cyst can contain hair bone teeth oil fat lots of gross things xx
    • Posted

Ok so they didn't tell you yours was heterogenous texture Katy like me? As these textures I've read are taken as suspicious and it looks like yours wasn't the same ? This is what worries me the texture of the ovary is heterogenous.thankyou xxx
    • Posted

he used that word in describing the cysts then said they were called dermoid xx
    • Posted

Hello Katy thankyou did they tel you at scan what they thought they were and did you get asked to make an appt at Drs after ? I had a txt saying make an appt within 14 days to see go who then told me I'm being referred to gyno.how long did your appt take from gp to gyno appt plse? X
    • Posted

Sonography wouldn't tell me anything told me roughly when results would be ready to book app with doc they then fast tracked consultant app and 12week from scan to op xx
    • Posted

Hi Katy I went to see Dr and he said I could have the c125 blood test while waiting but sometimes it comes up high reading through other things like fibroids which she found so he said not to do it unless gyno asks.when you went to your go for results did he say sonography thought they were Dermoids or did gyno tell you? I'm still worrying lol xx
    • Posted

Gyno was my consultants do surgeon babe xx I'm waiting for my biopsy results I know how you feel xx
    • Posted

Sorry I meant when you went to gp for results did he tell you report looks like dermoids or just that you had been referred ? Thanks Katy x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.