PMRGCAuk SURREY SUPPORT GROUP

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone

Although short notice, if anyone either living in the area or close enough to travel would like to attend our PMR/GCA group Christmas buffet lunch on Tuesday, 1st December, please contact me as soon as possible.

Although we have quite a full list of members and their partners attending (47 in all), the Council who own our venue have just been in touch to say they have made an error with our booking and are moving us to a much larger room, hence I find I am able to accommodate more people, although up to a limit of course due to short notice for the caterer.

Our venue is Chertsey Hall, Heriot Road, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 9DR. There is a public car park opposite the venue. Arrival/registration will start at 12 noon, with buffet lunch from 12.30pm, for which the cost is £6.00 a head for members and £8.00 a head for non-members. Lunch will be followed by a raffle and a quiz. Carriages at 3pm!!

If you would like to join us to share your experiences and gain support from others with PMR/GCA who understand, or simply to take you minds of this pesky condition for a few enjoyable hours, do get in touch with me asap by sending me a personal message (can't post the email address or this post will disappear for moderating) to register and reserve one of the few extra spaces available - you can be sure of a very warm welcome.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

How I wish I could join you all.  Perhaps next year!  Have a great time, I'll be thinking of you all, might even hold up my glass to drink your health and wish you all a happy and pain free 2016.

Constance 🍷🍷

• Posted

Thank you for your kind wishes, Constance, which I'll definitely pass on to our members and I know they would like me to reciprocate on their behalf.  So here's to your improving good health in 2016, and to everyone else 'looking in' too - bottoms up!  Shirley🍷🍷 
  • Posted

Oh Mrs O, i would love to come but live so far away, i hope you all have a lovely day and the weather is kind to you. Take care Magsbiggrin x
    • Posted

Mags, thank you - perhaps in the not too distant future a support group will pop up in an area that you can reach.  Meanwhile, we have the forums such as this, and thank Heavens for those. [biggrin]
    • Posted

Shirley, when they decided finally if i have PMR i was hoping i could maybe think of as support group, i found out yesterday a friend who did Karate with me his wife has got it, so thats one maybe you never know, i might be calling on you for advice, till then hope alls well. Mags x
    • Posted

Mags, our National Organisation, PMRGCAuk now have about 17 support groups meeting up around the UK, so you might just make it 18!  Three or four of the grups meet in the Kent area, getting together in cafes in various towns there.  After a suggestion and sort of kick-start by my rheumy I set up Surrey's first meeting at an Inn with 12 people 4 1/2 years ago and now we have 63 members on the books, so the whole support group network is really proving its need - a trouble shared is a trouble halved!  If you do manage to get together with your Karate friend's wife some time in the  future, of course our Charity and myself, and one or two other support group organisers who post here will be only too pleased to help.  If you get your rheumy on side, it may be possible to display a little advertising poster in the rheumatology department at your local hospital and also at your GP surgery to spread the word to other PMR/GCA patients, and before you know it you will have a little group forming - from little acorns......
    • Posted

I think Shirley something Eileen said that they could be a support group within the hospital, next time i go i will ask as Leeds is a big area, our GP just scorned the idea when i asked as she said nobody else she knew off had PMR seems im the first, but i guess i wont be the last, she is good though as she once said she as learnt from me asking questions that you ladies told me about, this forum is so valuable.
  • Posted

Hi Shirley,

If this was 50 years ago - I was at college and living in Guildford and lots of my friends lived in Weybridge. I would have been able to 'nip' over and join you !

But now it's a bit far for me to load up my car with fine California wine and share a fun time with all of you !

But I would like you to express my thanks from Los Angeles to everyone who helps us to get through our miseries with such good information and kind thoughts.

Keep up the great work and let's all go into remission together in 2016 !

Happy holidays

Dave

PS - no wine glasses for me - I'm on methotrexate !

• Posted

When we have guests I always put cold tea in a wineglass, no one has ever asked what it was!!  Cheers, anyway! C😄
    • Posted

Small world, Dave - Guildford and Weybridge are two of my favourite towns.  Pity it isn't small enough for you to "nip over" though - I think you would go down well.....and not just for the wine!wink  Thank you for your kind words and thoughts which I will pass on.  All the very best to you, too. 
    • Posted

now thats a good idea , must remember that one , what to do for whit wine lol 
  • Posted

I plan to be there, as long as I can get a chest infection under control. It started Friday and I'm definitely not well. Will have to see how I am on the morning. Also, I don't want to spread any bugs around. I will email you, Mrs O.

I'm really annoyed with myself, as I was unwell at the last meeting too.

• Posted

Oh no, Suzanne - knock back plenty of hot lemon, manuka honey and glycerine, plus daily fresh garlic, and cross everything!
  • Posted

oh i would love to come BUT lol im in qld australia , hope you have a great time ,x watch out on eating too much sweet poison , merry xmas to all 
    • Posted

Thank you old nanna, and all good wishes for Christmas to you, too.  You are wise to warn about "sweet poison" - I think our anti-inflammatory diets might be in danger of flying out of the window on Tuesday!   rolleyes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.