Three years ago I lost my baby.

Posted , 4 users are following.

A little over 3 years ago, i miscarried at 5 weeks. I know I wasnt far gone so alot of people wouldnt call it losing a baby but to me, he/she was so much more than just a baby, they was my creation, someone who is very precious to me. Well anyway, the last few weeks have been extremely hard. Normally i can stop myself crying about it but recently if i try stop myself i just get more worked up. Some times im crying so hard i cant even breathe. I can stop. I just want to know if anyone else has gone through losing a child has done to help you cope.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried seeing a psychologist or going to to therapy. Sometimes the best thing to do is talk to someone
    • Posted

I used to do talking therapy for a number of things and it didnt work
  • Posted

Hi Tina,

I miscarried in 2007 and would have been due around the 18th December this time of year is always hard for me, thinking about what could have been, how old my baby would be etc you never loose that no matter what goes on.

Like yourself i was the same cry over anything a cute outfit in the shop, a tv ad with babies, it gets easier with time i found keeping a diary helped me the most. i am also a candle lover so i light candles in memory of little one.

While i will say this no matter how far gone you were it was a real baby to you dont let anyone tell you otherwise, i was 12 weeks gone when i had my scan they found no heartbeat. I had to wait to see if my body would miscarry but it didnt so had to have a d & c that was the worst feeling ever as i had to have yet another scan internal and the sonographer (a bloke) turned and said did i want to see the screen and i just broke down. (whoa the memories of that will never ever fade :'( )

Feel free to message me if you want to talk, now im off for a cry as all the memories are coming back

hugs xx

• Posted

I know miscarriage is something you never forget, I lost my first child when I was about 3-4 months pregnant years ago, and I have never forgot both the pain of the losing the baby, and the emotional trauma. I felt as though my inside had dropped out of my body when the baby and the placenta all came away of it's own accord. I blamed myself at the time because I used to smoke then, and I was also underweight. That's the good thing that came out of it for me, I felt so ill when I came out of hospital I couldn't face smoking another cigarette, and started to look after myself alot better healthwise. I was 24 years old at the time. I went on to have a healthy daughter a couple of years later, but I remember the miscarriage as a very isolating experience. I think you should maybe go to some counselling sessions, but meanwhile talk to people who care about you and share how you feel to help you through this tough time. All the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.