Does this sound like frozen shoulder?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, for the past couple of weeks I have had pain in my shoulder which also seems to go into my armpit and across neck, shoulder feels stiff, I can lift it but it hurts. I go to Chiro every week for my neck problems anyway but not had this pain in shoulder like this before. So just wanted to ask does the pain from frozen shoulder also hurt in armpit etc? Guess its another trip to Doctor if it doesn't soon go away, seems to be getting more painful each day at moment. Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mine did...both of them. Scar tissue locks your shoulder to your shoulder socket. Mine involved my scapula as well. I'm guessing that the inflammation from your neck problem may have started the frozen shoulder. Scar tissue is just a way of your body trying to protect against the inflammation.  Doubt that he chiropractor can help with frozen shoulder. The adjustments may not be helping with it either. If I were you I would be icing your neck after adjustments to try to reduce your neck inflammation. 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply, will discuss with Chiro this week, I ice it anyway quite a lot. The problem is without the Chiro my other problem is unbearable as my muscles spasm and I can't breathe, he keeps that at bay. Stuck betweeen devil and deep blue sea I think. I'm taking turmeric in golden paste form that helps the inflammation a lot will up the dose of it I think.
    • Posted

It sounds like you need help with muscle spasms. Not sure if I can get away with posting a self help guide for muscle spasm trigger point pain and corresponding location on your body to apply pressure to make them stop. Will try. There are hand held pressure point tools you can buy that allow you to do this. Many pt businesses have them for their patients. My brother uses tennis balls but there are also myofascia balls that help. You may be hypothyroid. This often causes muscle spasms and fibromyalgia. Good luck!
    • Posted

They are moderating my post with the website for the self help instructions for muscle spasms. Not hopeful they will let you see it. If not just google pressure point guide and pray it shows up for you. God bless. 
  • Posted

Best advice should be to see a Doc - ask for xrays and/or scans.

From what I gather reading over different posts on this site, FS comes in a variety of ways depending on the patient. Mine was definately frozen when it got to the point that I could not lift my arm away from the side of my body without excrutiating pain pretty much all through the shoulder along with shooting pain down the arm to the albow and occasional spasms in the wrist. Yes it was also a 'pain in the neck' literally, which reduced me to tears many times. I was hardly sleeping so would start getting ready for work 30 min's earlier (than normal) in the morning to allow myself extra time to slowly pry my arm outwards under a hot shower, as gently as I could. Every movement was excrutiating. Pain medication eased but did not cure it. I am lucky to have found a Physiotherapist who understands the condition. Just over 1 year on and I am much better now. I'm still cautious but exercises the Physio gave me as homework have also helped. I hope you find relief fast. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.