Losing eyebrows because of infection(?)

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had an infection which caused me a major skin breakdown beneath both of my brows. As it progressively got worse each day, I noticed my eyebrow hairs were either disappearing or thinning. I don't know if the infection was the cause. I'm very concerned.

If anyone knows about this kind of problem, I want to ask when my infection goes away would I be able to grow back my eyebrows or has the infection made the loss permanent?

I hope to hear from you.

Thank you.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do u notice dandurff or itchy? I think u should visit a skin doctor to advoid more problem. 
    • Posted

No dandruff, but the skin became quite dry, peely and wet.

It didn't itch often, but when it did itch it was when I'm in bed at night.

• Posted

Maybe u should check with ur skin doctor to advoid more problem isuch as spread to ur eyelids. It can be allergy or skin condition.
  • Posted

Oh my, get a 30x mirror light up. You might see what I had . along with the small white worms, I also had these small black dots that look like black heads .

First I was totally freaked by the worm things, but then noticed the black head and as I looked closer I noticed that my eyebrows were misshapen then I noticed I had less and less it was these black things that were eating my hair and eating skin it turned out to be body lice that after puttin neem and tumeric paste they quickly went to my head .the dermatologist said it was dandruff wouldn't get a magnifying glass. I waited in the dermatologist office waiting area next to a lot of people even though I asked him repeatedly not to cause I felt what I had was contagious. Get that mirror or get the phone app that magnifies, take pictures

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.