Shockwave treatment for PF

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have now been advised by my surgeon to have shockwave treatment for my PF has anyone else had it if so did it work ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello Susan

I have had SWT on two separate occasions.  In my case it does calm things down somewhat and my second series lasted for a few months, but unfortunately it has now started up again.  You have nothing to lose by having it done, but for me it hasn't been a cure.  Best of luck.

• Posted

Hi Susan not heard of that; my GP told me to elevate; roll my foot on a can of soup/baked beans etc; rub gel into the foot and take painkillers all of which I'm doing but it's getting worse.  It seems to have taken over my life and the pain is dreadful; was meant to be going on holiday at Christmas but couldn't because of this - it's taken over my life!!   Good luck
  • Posted

I have had SWT 3 times. It was excruciatingly painful and hasn't worked. I'm desperate to find something that works. 
    • Posted

Oh dear so that I can rule out; think all we sufferers are desparate and I wish GP's took it seriously am sure they would if they had it!
  • Posted

Hi Susan not heard of this hope it works for you please let me know if it does - good luck!
    • Posted

Just seen a reply from Eleanor who's had shock wave therapy 3 times, she says it's excruciatingly painful and hasn't worked!
  • Posted

there are mixed results on shockwave...I had PRP treatments and nerve abaltion twice and I am 98% pain free - had PF for two years

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.