Ringing in my left ear at night

Posted , 8 users are following.

So last Tuesday 12/8 I started a bacterial medication called Metrodinazole for a 7 day 2X , 2 days after I started hearing a buzzing noise from my right ear when I lay down . It's been the same since then , I stopped taking the medicine since I read in a forum it causes ringing in the ears . I went to the urgent care and he said I was congested and I've taken 2 decongestants and still the same. Has anyone experienced anything like this ?? I'm freaking out thinking I'll be stuck like this forever.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maria,

I am up at 4 am for the ringing & leg cramps and I stopped taking it 8/29//15 when I ended up in the ER for knee swelling and locking.  I only took it seven days and it has ruined the last 7 months of my life. The docs claimed I have nerve damage or fibromyalgia & they keep putting me on heavy drugs to sedate.  The only relief I have is my chiropractor- I'll pray you just have tinnitus.  I have approx 24 symptoms.  I'm taking time off from work because my boss knows this medicine messed me up.

• Posted

Hi there Maria,

I have gone though the same thing as you with the ringing after taking Metronidazole.

Did yours improve at all over time?

I hope it does!

Many thanks

• Posted

Please help me.. I'm sorry your going through this.. I started this medicine 4 days ago and I have been through a lot I'm having anxiety numbness in my arm and neck and I also have a lump on neck ? Any suggestions

• Posted

I had ringing too at night i wondered what it was but now i think it was the meds read and lisen to us medical professionals. Oh and it is 48hrs till u should drink alcohol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.