I have Sjogrens and get many bladder infections.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I get bladder infections quite often. For the last year I've had 6. I get very sick with them. I run a high fever and am in alot of pain. They last for a couple of weeks. I have to take antibiotics for them and worry about having to take so many. Does anyone else experience this problem or have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kristyk

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's very common Kirsty. With or without infection. Are you a BSSA member? What meds are you on? If you want to join a group of fellow sufferers I run a FB group on behalf of the BSSA and my consultant is the President Dr. E. Price. I and my admins are all BSSA members. If wou wish to join us I am Pam Newman & the group is BRITISH SJOGRENS/ SLE in capitals.
    • Posted

Hi Pam, Thank you for your information. I live in the

United States. Can I join your group because I live here?

I thought it possibly was because of the dryness we suffer with.

Looking forward to your response. I know things a a little different in the United States. I know we have different medications and some of what you guys use I have never heard of. Also another example that comes to mind are the usage of certain letters and abbreviations that I don't understand.I am always ready to learn new things. Thank you again.

Kristy Tinsley

• Posted

I don't have this particular problem but the dryness affects everything. I find drinking lots of plain warm water helps.
    • Posted

Thank you Pamela. I will definitely try doing that. In fact I was just saw my primary doctor yesterday. I knew I had a bladder infection. This time my urinalysis showed no infection. I was hurting pretty bad too. He said it had to be coming from something else.This was a first time the test was negative.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.