Neck pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had neck pain for over a week. Go given me diazepam co

Codomol and ibuprofen. Went back yesterday and got pills for

dizziness but still no better. Should I go to a and e or leave it a bit longer. Signed off work til mid January

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello, hope you found some relief from the medication. I myself suffer from chronic neck / shoulder, arm & back pain currently I take dihydrocodine, ibuprofen, nortrypyiline which helps with the shooting or burning type pain, you could ask your gp for further information on test's and medication. I also take diazepam & morphine( only when needed) at the moment I get acupuncture every two to three weeks. I Don't know if it's helping yet as

l had my first treatment yesterday. How long have you been in pain? Maybe it's worth asking your gp for an mri scan? Also physio therapy can be useful I do hope you find some comfort. If you need to chat or ask me anything I'm here to help, iv suffered chronic pain for 10 years it's no fun. Look after yourself kind regards Katie 😊xxx

• Posted

Pain got better but went back to work an pulled it again. had blood tests although not back yet as one is a special one for the spine apparently.  
    • Posted

Sorry for your pain. I know how difficult it can be just doing day to day tasks. Is there any chance you could have a bit of time off work? I too have diazepam & morphine for breakthrough pain & take dihydrocodine, paracetamol & nortrypyiline regularly, iv substituted my ibuprofen for turmeric & ginger capsules Il let you know if they work. Kind regards Katie 😊
    • Posted

Have you had any mri scans ? Are there any other symptoms?
    • Posted

Hi Katie.  I had a MRI and it came back all clear.  Been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  Had a flare up in feb and now another bad one so doc signed me off work.  Work sadly are very unsupportive of me.  Doc has upped my amitriptyline aswell as taking strong painkillers if required.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.