More surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have not be able to flex my foot after lapidary surgery in July, my surgeon just told me after 5 months, that I need a release scar tissue surgery has anyone had this surgery? If so would you like to share your experiences, I appreciate any input, thank you!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, I had a similar prob & had tendon release a surgery on sept 3rd , the surgeon cut the tendons on 3 toes & but only manipulated the big toe. It's now 4 months and whilst I have better movement in all toes I struggleto touch the floor with all toes,  it still is a bit stiff & hurts to walk on it, at last visit to consultant he said he was 90% happy with it & seemed to ignore the pain I'm experiencing ! Am hoping with time the pain will lessen .Best of luck with ur procedure 
    • Posted

Thank you Anne! 90% is great!!! Glad to hear you have better movement, I am hoping for the same results! Hoping and praying the pain gets better for you, thank you so much for your well wishes, best of luck with your recovery! biggrin
  • Posted

Hi All.

I had bunion surgery(scarf) and Morton neuromas removed 8 mths ago.  I was told to expect a  pain free result and the return to normal footwear within 4-6 months.  I am still in pain from both the bunion site and the neuromas' scar tissue. The surgeon intends to cut the tendons of the neuromas ' scar in a few months time ,but  the big toe remains a problem.  Prior to surgery , there was a concern that the bone of the big toe had developed osteo- arthritis and I wonder does this mean that I will never be pain free again? I also wonder if cutting tendons will improve my situation. Any advice gratefully received .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.