Plantar fasciiitis I

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive had this for nearly 2 yrs in my right foot, i had the stretching etc to do, i was given insoles but it never went away so last mth i went back to the doctor who referred me to see someone in the Elective orthopaedic dept, i saw someone mon 4th jan who has basically started me at the beginning again because i wasn't doing anything for it,i was expecting an injection which my doctor referred me for,he said we needed to do the stretching, insoles etc first.

well ive been doing this since mon 4 days and im in worst pain than i was, my foot feels torn and up my ankle i did not think the pain could get worst,my husband said to carry on with the excerises but i dont know what to do because i dont want to make it worst.

im back at the clinic monday because he wants to see my insoles because i didnt have them with me, i have told him that my foot felt torn on monday before i started the stretches,did anyone else's get worst with the stretches etc ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, mine got worse with the stretches. I was in physical therapy for 2 months stretching and I was in agony. Sounds like your. I could feel the plantar tearing in the arch is my food and I could feel it tearing in the back of my heel. I had to have surger. Both a plantar release and a calve recession. I opted to do both at the same time so I was in a wheel chair for a month. I have been in physical therapy since 2 weeks post op. I'm 3.5 months post op and feel great! Finally after over a year of horrible pain I am completely pain free!!! If you're with an orthopedic, you're in the right spot. Surgery is always the last resort, but when you've exhausted all other options, surgery can be the light at the end of that pain. Hope you feel better soon!

Jay jay

• Posted

Thankyou for your quick reply .

that is how mine feels , my feet go over on the arches aswell so im stressing the Plantar fasciiitis ( he said) , i could literally scream with the pain ive got now i can hardly put my foot down or even walk, i cant take many painkillers because i have stomach problems.

Kim

• Posted

How is the dorsflexion in your ankle? Does the Dr tell you that your calves are tight?
    • Posted

Ive only seen my Gp who sent me to the orthopaedtics he said my hamstrings are tight.

Im glad surgery worked for you ,you here some bad storys ,are you in the uk ?

• Posted

No. I'm in the US. I got on this site when my feet were in full swing and I was searching for answers too. I would be afraid of surgery if your really have exhausted all other options. I feel so much better. It was a rough road, really rough. But every day is getting better. I'm even back to the gym.
    • Posted

*wouldn't be afraid.
    • Posted

That is really good news for you.

I would consider anything at the moment if it got rid of the pain.

Im hopefully getting some new shoes tomorrow and then i will try my old insoles in them and hopefully will take some pressure off my heel. Then monday im bk at the clinic.

• Posted

The are some good insoles that help. I have about 15 pairs. Lol. My favorite are the dr Scholls plantar inserts. I forget the name. They are very thick. Good luck. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.