TIA

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a mini stroke last year, lasted only a few seconds with slurred speech.  I have had all the tests and now on a aspirin every day and feeling very good.    I would like to know from other people who have experienced one TIA did they after it, feel tired every day since experiencing the TIA. It is not constant tiredness,  I  play tennis twice a week and ride a bike, I am 70 years of age and after say digging in the garden for a short time feel tired.. I have just had a blood test and will get the results next week to see if it shows why I might be tired. e.g. thyroid.. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi jennifer,

I felt very tired for around 3-4 weeks after my first TIA, No energy, I also was not allowed to drive for 4 weeks , The tiredness started to slowly disappear around the 2 1/2 week mark.

Have you had a blood test done for an iron study, I believe that is a seperate test from thyroid.

• Posted

This has been going on for quite awhile, I will be getting my blood tests results next week, so will know more then.    Thank you for your reply...
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer, I had a TIA  in October 2015 and was extremely tired and lethargic afterwards! I worried that I wouldn't be able to return to work and at 57 can't quite afford to retire yet. It's gradually getting better though and I am hoping to get back to work in a month or so on a phased return. I find that  I'm ok in the mornings but mid afternoon and evening I get sleepy. My doc says this is normal and she thinks I will eventually feel " normal" again, I hope she's right. Sometimes I wonder if it's to do with the meds aswell, sudden introduction of statins, anti hypertensives and clopidogrel !
  • Posted

Hi Diane, When the doctor writes out a prescription, he never tells you about possible side effects and I never think to ask.  I am happy to take anything that will make me feel good.    When you do read the leaflet accompanying the tablets, there are so many possible side effects listed. You could be right, it might be the mix of all the pills in my body.  How long have you been tired?  It doesn't stop me doing much, and I accept that  I  have to have a lie down for about 10mins and I am okay.  There are people still playing tennis in their 70's and 80's, some don't move much but have great shots to compensate.  I think exercise is so important.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.