8 months out of Achilles rupture repair surgery and having some set backs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I am 26 years old and have played sports my whole life played football for Louisiana Tech. Back in March 2015 I was playing Flag Football and over extended and ruptured my left Achilles. I had surgery right away and it has gone well so far. I started to run at (half a mile to a mile) 7 months but I have recently had a set back and need some feed back. My ankle has swelled up the left outside of my Achilles but the pain is more in the gap between my ankle bone and heel bone and not really concetrated on my actual Achilles. I am not sure if it is a nerve acting up or possible another small issue. Please help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had more pain in that area than my achilles, actually.  My doctor explained that there is another set of tendons that are just working overtime trying to compensate for the achilles not helping.  Maybe it's that? 
    • Posted

Great, it has been about a week and it feels a lot better. Thank you
  • Posted

Hey Im 10 months post rupture and op, and i still have pain at times. I was a D1 swimmer and after finishing I started to do more running and such so the achilles had much more impact. I try to still get massages to loosen up scar tissue, and I still do a lot of heat and ice after any exercise.

Hope it gets better for you.

-Erika

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.