Post Op Hydrocele - 3 Months ago - Pain/Ache

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

First post to the forum...!

I had a Hydrocelectomy around 3 months ago, but ever since, my testicle has ached. When I have a feel round it feels like it's the back-side of the testicle/the connecting line (per medical diagram i'd say it is around the caput epididymis). It does feel like there is some swelling but as it was previously the size of large egg, I suspect this is the skin that's been folded back around the testicle?

This is causing me problems in the bedroom for obvious reasons, and is quite annoying. The ache isn't disimilar to when I had the hydrocele...

Any thoughts on what I should do/how to resolve this issue? Please let me know if you need any more information to assist me!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My first thought is have you contacted your surgeon about this problem yet?  I can think of a few possible reasons for this, but getting an ultra-sound of the region can give an accurate picture.  Be concerned, but get more facts before you start to worry.  There may be a reasonable explaination.  Wounds heal differently, and your problem while being uncomfortable, may just be part of the natural healing process.
    • Posted

I haven't as I went private. Though I got absolutely no aftercare, was told to contact them if I had any problems. My insurance provider, however, said I'd need to get approval beforehand. Guess I'll give them a call on Monday!

I hope it'll heal soon,and agree I could do with an ultrasound to identify the issue. Just want to be sure it'd not anything to worry about!

What are your thoughts on causes?

• Posted

Off the top of my head, surgical scaring, and may be swollen tissue that has yet to heal.  My surgery was 6 months ago.  Afterwards, I had discomfort from medium to very little for a few months. The lumps and bumps seemed to change location and size, but never gave me any real pain.
    • Posted

I guess it's not pain, just sounds similar to yours. When we're you 100% Ok?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.