Diverticular

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello 

I was diagnosed back in May 2014 with diverticular disease because I had a sharp pain in my lower left abdomen but recently I have had a pain in my lower right abdomen and am waiting to go for another colospany has anyone else experienced this with diverticular disease as the doctor doesn't think the pain is caused by my diverticular am worried as it feels like a stabbing pain 

like it use to when the pain was in my left abdomen 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have had pain in my lower right abdomen for a number of years. In August 2015 I was hospitalised and diagnosed with diverticular disease in the sigmoid colon (but I had no pain on the left hand side). The CT scan found I had a mesenteric stranding in the right liliac fossa and some of this surrounds a  decompressed sigmoid colon, which contains diverticula. I have had an appendicectomy which has left scaring. Have you requested a CT scan?
  • Posted

I was diagnosed in August of last year with DIVI after having a CT Scan.  During a flare up my pain is usually across the entire front of my abdomen and goes around the right side to my back.  I thought it was my appendix but doctor told me that a small number of people do present with right sided pain. Once everything passes through the stabbing pain usually goes down to a mild discomfort.
  • Posted

Hi Kelly,i was diagnosed november 2014 after having a colonoscopy which wasnt bad at all infact the stuff i had to drink (prep) was worse,Apparently i have multiple diverticulae in the sigmoind colon (left side) but most of my stabbing pain is in the right side but occasionally the left,Im having quite a good time at the moment and hope this lasts.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.