I was constipated and felt terrible

Posted , 5 users are following.

anyone with constipation problems? for breakfast, I take 1/4 cup of oatmeal,1/4 cup of kellogs regular bran and 1/4 of a banana sliced to sweeten add 8oz of water and micro wave for 3 minutes. add milk and serve, it did wonders for me.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes Iam the same can go a week my dose is 9 - 3 times a day I find eating fruit and vegetable plus at I take Dulcolax when I can't go works really well only one

• Posted

Hi Ron I started on 400mg tramadol and 3600mg gabapentin 17 years ago and have had troubles ever since, I've halved my meds but it's the wanting that's the problem,will try your breakie tommorow and let you know ,thanks for the idea either way 😊
  • Posted

When I was started on gabapentin, I also started colase 2 times a day. I am off the gabapentin now but had always had constipation issues. I have continued the colase and I am never constipated anymore. It is available OTC. You ought to try it. I have never been more regular in my life.
  • Posted

I have to use Movicol (1 pkt) and ground linseeds with plenty of water through the day.

Was your constipation made worse with the Gabapentin?   I'm trying to build up very slowly as sensitive ie 100mg for a week then 2 and so on.

Had to stop Lyrica becasue of the gut prob, but desperate for some pain relief!!!

• Posted

On slow release tramadol 200 mg per day having the same problem now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.