migraines and daith

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone tried the daith piercing for migraine relief and if so what were your results.

Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had migraines with aura since I was 3 years old and been experiencing dizziness, sensitivity to light, weakness in arms and legs, slurred speach and headaches.

I've tried so many medications etc with no luck so I decided to get a daith piercing when I was 17, but unfortunately it never worked with me. I'm now 19 and still get frequent migraine attacks about 3 - 4 times per week.

But I have heard that it's worked with some people, so I think that it would at least be worth trying to see if it works with you. Good luck 😌

• Posted

Hey Dewing!

I got my right side done 6 weeks ago. I get my migraines predominantly on that side and few on the left.

There has definitely been an improvement. I get a repeat prescription of Rizatriptan x12 every 3 weeks and I last got my prescription on 4th Dec. I still have about 8 left (had 3 more traptans at home at this point) so about 8 attacks in 6 weeks. And only 1 was on the side of the daith - they seemed more dominant on the left. The one bad one I had on the right was down to severe dehydration otherwise probably wouldn't have happened .

I did notice however, that on my right side, I been getting facial pain in jaw around temple which lasts about 20 or so min's. I usually take some ibuprofen and it eases. Not sure if that's related to getting a daith piercing or jist a coincidence. Either way the pain is not half as bad.

Personally to sum up the piercing, I'd say it's improved things. I guess I was never expecting a miracle but it has helped... I plan to do left side in a few months. Don't know if it's psychological and even if it is, I'll take that too!

I'd say take the risk and give it a try smile

• Posted

I'm really interested in hearing about this aswell as I am considering it.
  • Posted

I am really keen to know more about this as well.  I am planning to see an acupuncturist to 'test' my response to daith manipulation, before I go ahead and get a piercing. Might be worth a try for you too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.