Pain around left ovary.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had this pain around my left ovary for almost three weeks, I've visited my GP and out of hours many times, I even spent the night in the hospital to try get answers. I've been on tablets for constipation, uti's, pelvic inflammatory disease, you name it...

I've been seen by a gynae, had ultrasounds done yet nothing is showing the reason for my pain, I need ideas/ help before I go mad..

I'm currently on tramadol to keep the pain at a minimum but even then it's only just taking it away for a short while. I'm also getting a bruise showing where it's sore.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hannah,

Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain bless you!

It might be worth checking back with the gynaecologist and see if they can request for you to have a ct or mri scan! Have they done all blood tests to try and determine where the pain is coming from?

I had a large cyst on my right ovary, which didn't show on my ultrasound but did on a ct scan. I had the cyst along with my right ovary removed nearly a week ago now as I was in so much pain with the cyst that I had to go a&e and had an emergency operation to remove it.

I would keep on at the gynae team and I know it's not the place you want to be when you are in a lot

of pain but keep going back to a&e if the pain is unbearable so they can figure out what is causing this pain.

Hope you get this sorted and feel back to normal soon!! 😊 Xx

• Posted

Hi Rosie,

They have done bloods yes, urine samples and swabs, everything came back negative apart from a slightly low count of white blood cells and I have a touch of thrush, but I now have thrush because of all the antibiotics I was previously put on.

I'm to give the tramadol time to work, but I'm still in agony so may even see myself back in a+e over the weekend if I can't hold on until Monday to see my GP again.

When they ask me what the pain is like I can only describe it as a tightness that becomes even more tender with certain movements/positions.

How long did it take you to convince someone to take you seriously?

I have family history of cysts and ectopic pregnancies and they just kind of told me it doesn't make me any more likely to suffer from them...

I'm glad you got it sorted in the end though! Here's hoping they help me too! X

• Posted

Right then I would try and push for them to book you in for a ct scan.

Well for me this has been going on since sept. I had severe bloating and when I called my GP they said it was ibs and to take buscupan for 2 weeks for the bloating. At this point I wasn't in any pain. Took buscupan for a week and nothing changed and I said my stomach is noticeable bigger, this is when they requested for me to have an ultra sound so it didn't take them long to take me seriously. You just need to keep pushing back with them, at the end of the day you are in pain and on some high painkillers so they will have to do something.

My pain was similar to that tightness feeling especially if i laid on my side. Towards the end I was in pain laid on my back, side and even sat up. The cyst they removed weighed 33lbs and was 36 cms in size. I have lost 3 and a half stone since the cyst has been removed so it was a heafty size to say the least!

Just keep pushing back with you GP and don't let them fob you off! Stay positive I know it's hard when you are in so much pain!! Xx

• Posted

I'll be going back to my GP Monday or Tuesday as I don't want to be on tramadol for any length of time, and I'll need help to wean off them..

I don't have any swelling, but they told me at the start I was constipated so gave me buscapan to take... Nothing, I had fingers up my butt to see if it was that, or if it was my appendix.

I know it's my ovaries. Both my mum (she's had three ectopics, and had led left side out) and my aunt (she suffered bad cysts and has her her left side out) have had problems, I'm also suffering on my left side, I would have thought with the history they would rush me through. My mum actually thinks this may also be an ectopic pregnancy, it's a very high chance it is.

Wow your cyst was big, I glad they got you sorted quickly! Xx

• Posted

Hi I'm so angry reading this . You shouldn't have to go through all that please demand a ca125 blood test and they should be sending you for a ct scan .I don't want to frighten anyone but for years I was ignored like you so many tests showed nothing or cysts they ignored .. After one final fight I demanded a scan in November 2014 wich showed what they thought was a dermoid cyst they tried sticking me on a pill .. obviously didn't help they ended up removing it with my left ovary and tube and I was back in 2 weeks later with severe infections I found out that week it was not a dermoid cyst but rare ovarian small cell carcinoma ( pulmonary type ) cancer since I've had chemo and had my right ovary removed last Decembermy Facebook page is wombles small cell ovarian cancer fight and awareness please don't give up pain is not normal xx
    • Posted

I'll ask for that blood test when I go back to my GP, although would they not have tested for it when they were testing me for other things before?

They did mention sending me for a ct scan but it's not yet been done.

My ultrasound didn't show any cysts yet when I was discharged from hospital the senior doctor told me I was being discharged with paracetamol to help the pin as the cyst head popped and the pain would die down within 24 hours or so.... That was on Wednesday. I'm still in agony.

They also told me that the chance I'd even had a cyst was zero as there wasn't even any fluid to show it had popped..

I just want this sorted out. And I know the longer they wait to actually do something and sort it the worse the end result may be..

Xx

• Posted

I had so many tests all but the ca125 blood testthis is over 13 years of begging to he helpedif they had of removed my ovary b4 I wouldn't have had to go through this
    • Posted

The hospital phoned today, I'm going in tomorrow as they had a cancellation. I'm finally getting an internal scan, the nurse told me I need to go with a full bladder. I hope they can finally get to the bottom of this!

I'm going to have a bag packed and sitting at home for my mum to bring up if she needs to.

I'm also hoping they can give me stronger pain relief as the tramadol is only taking the edge off, the niggling pain is always still present even when I'm high off them so to speak.

• Posted

I'm currently so nervous about the prospect of going to the hospital alone today... My mum is working and the girl I'm seeing is out of town.

I feel like I want someone to be there for me, but also that if I go alone I'll have time to come to terms with the worst...

My legs are currently on fire, it feels like what I can only describe as growing pains. I had two tramadol earlier and about to take two more to see if they will settle.

Anyone have strange pains in their legs?

• Posted

Sorry you have to go alone but hope you do get some answers and not be fobbed off .. I did get a pain all down my right leg but think it was my cyst thing sitting on a nerve .. nurses are lovely they will be gentle xx
    • Posted

I hope this is them taking me seriously, I feel like I need them to find something to prove to them and my family that I'm not making this up. I felt so stupid when the doctor did the ultrasound and nothing was seen i.e any cysts or fluid and then they didn't see anything abnormal.

The pains are in both legs, but mostly my left,(the pains is on my left side) so I guess that makes senses

I know the nurses will be nice, I thinm its just the whole getting my bits out in front of a stranger... Xx

• Posted

Good news, bad news...

Good news is that the pain isn't from my ovaries and that they look perfectly normal.

Bad news is that I'm now back to square one and that the doctors now have no idea what's causing me the pain.

I'm at a total loss again!

• Posted

I'm so glad it's not your ovaries but sad to hear back to the start I went through years of it you could have endometriosis they cannot see that from ultrasounds only laproscopy
    • Posted

I'm glad it's not my ovaries too, but in also now frustrated that I'm back at the beginning.

I don't know what endometriosis or a laproscopy is...

• Posted

Ok, so I just searched them both.... Sounds scary, the surgery doesn't bother me so much as I've had surgery before.

Hoping it's not endometriosis.

• Posted

Would be something to look in to as the pain is not nothing I hope you get looked at and taken seriously .. endometriosis is painful and can cause pains in your legs x
    • Posted

Ok so, I was taken to a+e during the early hours of Thursday morning after taking an overdose, the reason for doing this was to just take the pain away long enough to get some sleep, it may also of had some more deeper motives.

I spoke to the doctor on ward in the morning and she said my pain is from my ovaries, that I do have cysts on my ovaries and than she is almost certain that I have pcos.

I'm so broken, even more so that the problem can't be fixed. I have my first proper appointment with the gynaecologist on the third of Feb, In all honesty in can't come quick enough!

I'm just so done with this, I'm seriously considering getting a full hysterectomy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.