DHC withdrawel need advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi i have been absusing pain killers for over a year DHC my choice up to 30 a day started dependind on them due to work load i have no one to blame but myself I am day 7 into going cold turkey witch was shocking i am starting to slowly recover but still crave that high i have 8/500 cocodamols would it be ok to take some off these to help or is that a bad idea please help someone thanksĀ 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

they will help to take the edge off if you have gone without for 7 days. i am 10 years into this addiction, taking up to 70 a day. i feel for you. you are over the intial stage but its all in the strength of mind now. i know its pure hell. if i run out i do a cold water extraction with paramol, which gives you 8 tablets from a 32 box. good luck james.
    • Posted

Cheers mate you were right this is the first time I have felt normal in 7 days I've took 6 so I am scared what tomorrow will bring my friend 70 a day coming off that amount is unthinkable I was looking into sedation detox were they put you under anestatic for days private hospital not sure the cost but when I was on day 3 I would of paid anything to be knocked out thanks for reply mate al let you know how it goes thank you
  • Posted

hi JamesI was on DHC for 8 years I was taking 70 a day on my last year. I no what your going through. I did some ressearch and found out about a drug from America called duloxotien. This drug stops all the withdrawal symptoms it was amazing that'swhat they use in America. It also helps with depression and anxiety as it's all connected to the same part of the brain just go talk tI your doctor about it. or there is another way CWE and there Iis a drug on the market that u can buy over the counter containing DHC. but I recommend the duloxotien pal as well good luck hun
  • Posted

But truly James if u don't fix the problem that got u taking these Iin the first place u will relapse unfortunately. so do some soul searching hun and beat it. Best of luck to u and Iif u Eva need to talk I'm here
    • Posted

Thanks for reply Sarah day 8 or 7 now had some cocodamal last night just 8/500 kind off helped a bit just still craving today you see I've been on anti depressants for well over a year I am on 100mg of sertraline but a think all the codeine I have been taking has wiped all benefits of this drug I don't know I am to shamed to say to my doc now I have a good job but very stressful witch is how I've ended up here my work think I had a fever witch lead to the seizure so I've been signed of for 2 weeks hopefully get back to work on tues but I am already thinking about relapsing thinking I can control it keep to the weekend like I used to but you and I both know what will happen thanks reply I am going to look into that deloxotien gonna have a couple off weak cocodamal to ease what's the over counter with dhc I usually just got solpadiene max strength when I struggled again thank so much xxxxx
    • Posted

Googled it no I've never done that does it really work
  • Posted

30 per day it's a miracle your still with us James 8/500 too much paracetamol in them if you abuse these highly you'll do yourself damage go to gp come up with a gradual decrease usually they start at 8 x 30 mg per day the drop 1 tablet per month get rid of co codamol its phosphate codeine in these which is no match to dhc good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.