Has any one had severe back pain with there herina

Posted , 5 users are following.

My back started hurting so bad felt like a sword hitting it than pain inbetween my shoulders bad had 2 trips to er I have sliding herina plus gastric uclers.. plus cramping in the stomach and sides of back

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb, I had similar pains when I was having a bad bout of pain with my hernia after eating.  I was met with blank looks by every doctor or nurse I spoke to.  However, after my operation, during a conversation with my consultant he suggested it was due to pressing on a particular nerve near the diaphragm.  It made sense how he explained it, although I can't remember everything he said it does appear that this nerve is one in particular - he even gave it a name.  It is an awful pain though; I sympathise.
    • Posted

Yes, I think that is the one.  I've just googled it. It is quite complex. I have been amazed at the wide variety of symptoms my hernia had. 
    • Posted

Its like a puzzle. Trying to put together
  • Posted

Yes Deb

I have pain in between my shoulders and I have a very large hiatal hernia, am scheduled for surgery in February because it is also causing severe breathing problem.

• Posted

Did your back hurt bad what about your sides of stomach
    • Posted

I hurt in between the shoulders very painful but this is not all the time. I find it is not as bad now since I have changed the way I am eating, very small meals, mostly home made soup, boiled eggs.

Wheat toast with very little coconut oil. I did ask my family doctor about the burning and he said definitely the haital hernia could be causing it. Hope this helps Deb.

• Posted

Yea I was getting better than I ate food I shouldnt have now its back the knot in my throat feels like throwing up pain in between shoulders back dang now not eating much did your bowels get messed up during this
  • Posted

I get terrible pain in my shoulder blades and both sides of my torso. I have never had an endoscopy but my GP says its a hiatus hernia. The pain only goes when my poor long suffering partner rubs my back until I burp several times,although lately this has taken longer and the pain has got more severe. I take medication twice a day and now gaviscon too. 
    • Posted

Gillian, it sure sounds like haital hernia is happening with you.

This burning did not start with me until the hernia increased in size and I have had it for years, am now scheduled ft or surgery

Some doctors will deny that the burning is caused from H.H, get another doctor if this happens. Best regards in your search.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.