Periods

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with PCSO 15 years ago

Not having any period now I'm 48 and have had heavy periods for the last 8 months what is the course

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I'm having the same problem was diagnosed at 23 with pcos only having one period a year and now since August last year it's every month and sometimes heavy and sometimes light quite irregular. I'm 34 now and would love to find out what is going on
    • Posted

Hi, have you changes your diet to low carb high protein... Sometimes your bodybregulatesnincw you get your blood sugar in check... 2/months after changing mybdiet a little I got pregnant at 35, never thinking I would conceive without help. I still eat that way after baby and have had a period evey month since... A supokement called Vitex can help you both with the regulation if it
    • Posted

Maybe it has changed a little I don't drink as much alcohol as I used too and I've been on and off following the slimming world diet. I take metformin to help with pcos and weight loss I'd like to lose 2 stone. I've been concerned that the bleeding is something serious but I've had blood tests swabs gyne check and it's all normal, also I don't know if it's just coincidence that the bleeding seems to be set off after sex but not straight after, a few days later.. So confusing
    • Posted

Hi I've not changed my diet but wondering if I'm on the change with being 48 and getting hot swears in bed sometimes I've gained weight also although I'm not over weight as I train 6 days a week
    • Posted

Yes... Unfortunately it sounds like your approaching the change and the hormones are getting wacky... Be careful not to get pregnant!! Lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.