Cipralex

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I was prescribed 5mg of cipralex for anxiety and panic attackes but have been taking 2.5mg for the past 16 days, has anyone else felt better on such a small dose, I am very sensitive to these meds and am scared to increase to 5mg, some days I feel ok but others like today am anxious, agoraphobia is really bad aswell, try to stay in as I feel safe then, just wondered if I gave it another week or so at this dose to see if things improved

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had the same problem I seem to be very sensitive to antidepressants and I went through 3 different ones as they gave me sever side effects I couldn't handle before trying Escitalopram which was great. Like you I started on 2.5mg as recommended by my gp because I was so anxious about taking them. I found improvment quickly but that lessened over time (I think the initial improvement may have been partly placebo as I was relieved I could take them.) The small dose seemed to give my body a chance to get used to it because I only occasionally got very mild side effects even when I increased the dose to 5mg and over time I steadily increased to the full 20mg. I did suffer some relapse for a time where I felt down but my moods have now stabilised and side effects are only occasional and very mild. My gp agreed also that I shouldn't read the side effects listed on the leaflet as that only leads to anxiety making you feel side effects you don't have (obviouly look any up if you're not sure if they are harmless which most are.) My problems aren't as sever as yours but I hope this helped anyway, I's go back to your doctor to discuss dosage before increasing xx    
  • Posted

Hi 

We are all different in how we react to medications, such as antidepressants. If the Cipralex is working for you in a lower dose I would go with that you can always titrate up if it becomes necessary. You are the best judge of how the medicine is working and you mention that you are sensitive. Good luck with the low dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.