Recent CT scan - pelvic fluid and bilateral cysts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I recently had a police scan for something completely different. The result I picked up and I'm due in to the original colorectal doctor next week.

Results include a small amount of pelvic fluid and fluid filled bilateral cysts on both ovaroes.

Could someone please advice what may be causing this. I'm 45 and had a hysterectomy 3 years ago, keeping my ovaries.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha. I was left with my ovaries after a hysterectomy too. No problems really until recently when, after some pain in pelvic/lower abdomen/ low back I was sent for trans vaginal scan, it showed cysts on both ovaries but abdominal scan was blurry due they thought, to fluid in the abdomen. I think it's all part of the cyst problems but I'm not an expert. I now have to wait for another T V scan to check if the cysts are growing and at what rate. It seems to be standard procedure to monitor like this before surgery, I believe it helps them to know what type of cyst they're dealing with. I'm not a very patient patient, confused but have to 'go with the flow'! Are you in the UK as I am? Best wishes, Pollyanna. rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi Pollyanna, 

Thanks for the update. Good to know I'm not he only one in this boat. When is your next scan? Like you I'm not very patient. It's the fluid idea that worries me 😳.

I'm British but my husband is overseas so I saw a doctor overseas as it was faster at the time. But I'd gone in for something completely different and the doc sent me for a pelvic ultrasound at another facility. I was asked to pick up the results myself and have to deliver to the doctors office and hence I read the report! My next appointment with that doc is on Sunday but she is not a gynaecologist so it may take longer for me to get a proper appointment. Such a pain.

• Posted

Hi Samantha. I have to wait for an appointment to come in the post. Should be end of Feb, beginning of March as they will be able to see if cysts have grown by then. Right one was approx 6 cms and left one about 2-3 cms so ....... whatever! Hope you get sorted soon. Keep posting. rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi,

ok good luck, I'm expecting a waiting period when I get seen too... Keep in touch! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.