Feeling frightened!

Posted , 5 users are following.

After 20 years of this evil drug I am finally off. I weaned off slowly over 6 months and finally took my last on Friday morning!

I cannot believe how many emotions I'm having to deal with, will the tears stop I wonder? What worries me the most is the thoughts of not wanting to be here anymore, is this normal, god help me if it is. Will these feelings even out, and will the zaps go away!?

Any advice will be appreciated! Thank you for reading! 😭

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I used prozac for aweek after taking it for 10 years and that helped with the brain zaps.
  • Posted

Hi Kaye, I've been off for 2 weeks now and I feel great, I had a couple of 'down' days and some brain zaps and dizziness but nothing really bad. I've felt great for the last few days. My doctor did say to me that if my mood was to become 'low' it would probably happen around 2-3 weeks after I stopped the ven. I'm not sure if you should maybe try something different, just a teeny dose to even things out. It doesn't sound good that you're still having really negative thoughts. What was the last dose you were taking when you stopped on Friday?
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply Kit, I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning, I may go and see my GP but I'm not going to take anything else, I'll see if I can stick it out a while longer! I've really felt I've hit rock bottom today as I've cried non stop all day and the zaps make me feel like I've got 3 heads all moving in different directions! I do hope I sleep tonight, I'm so drained and tired!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.