Lansoprazole - constant pain not going away

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi im wondering if anyone can help me. I woke up ast friday early hurs of the mornig with unbearable chest pain. Thought i was having a heart attack. Im only 32! doctor prescribed Lansoprazole. Been on 2 tablets a day for 4 days now and taking gaviscon and paracetemol. ve had no imporvement and i cant eat or drink. I want to scream out in pain when i do. Im booked back in for friday at the doctors but getting extremely down with te contant pain. I had no problems before but had just finished taking medication for tonsilitus then this started. Anybody any idas or suggestions. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma

I'm no expert but it sounds like something my brother suffered with - Gallstones.  You might want to get checked out for gall bladder problems. Can be done with blood tests and ultrasound scans.

• Posted

Thank you, ill mention that on friday when i go. 
  • Posted

Hi just wondering if you asked doctors about gallstones
  • Posted

Yes like everyone else, sounds like gall stones, terrible heartburn like pain that wont ease no matter what you take . I went to hospital when i was badand only morphine relieved the pain . I darnt eat any thing at the time. Im ok now i had my gallbladder removed, great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.