What is wrong with me?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my son, my 4th child, by csection two years ago this week. I was sterilised at this point too.

A couple of months following this I was having horrendous pains in right side around where by Fallopian tubes are, into my right hip. Also still in my csection scar.

I put up with it for a while but eventually after about 6 months went to the GP.

I was sent for ultrasound. Nothing was discussed with me and I wasn't called back for the 6 wk rescan either, so I assumed all was ok.

However, my pain has continued and worsened until it is affecting my day to day life. The pain is now in my pelvis and down into the groin area and down the right buttock.

I collapsed in pain ten days ago and was taken to a&me by ambulance. As I was constipated I was told this was the cause, given an invasive enema and sent home.

Unable to move about cos of the pain and missing work, I went to GP 5 days later and asked why I'm still in pain.

My doctor told me she believes it is related to what was seen on the ultrasound scan all that time ago. This was on my right ovary and something they were quite concerned about. She couldn't believe I didn't have the follow ups!

I have had a hip and pelvis scan and I am waiting for ultrasound apt.

But what was found on my ovary??? She didn't explain and I'm concerned because I have had CN1 cells previously which had to be removed. At 38 it's a very worrying time.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness what a time of it your having.

It should have been your GP who referred you to gynae as it would probably had been your GP who organised your first ultra sound. The GP would have a full copy of the ultra sound report so could tell exactly what was found on the scan. I would make an appointment with the GP to find out this information plus also let then know how unhappy you are with the service. My best advice to you if you have any scans or bloods etc take always ensure you get the results as things do get missed. Don't take it for granted that hearing nothing means everything is fine. I hope you get some answers soon. Keep us posted x x

• Posted

Thanks lxh2.

It certainly isn't a nice time and I'm sure my employers are probably getting fed up with my sick time!

The referral to gynea was never mentioned until last week. On my original ultrasound report it stated they wanted to scan me again in six weeks and the department were supposed to send out an apt. Like u say it was obviously missed.

My GP, who is fairly new to the surgery but certainly seems on the ball, advised that after the scans I am waiting for, she will refer me to gynea if needed. I just hope the scan apt comes quickly.

What worries me is if they were concerned seventeen months ago, how big is the 'thing' they spotted now x

• Posted

Try not to worry it's easier said than done though. I had a dermoid cyst removed last year after they found it accidentally I totally worried it was something else for months but everything came back fine. If it was something suspect I don't think they would wait 6 weeks to repeat scan. It could be a cyst that is borderline in size for removal x
    • Posted

Thank you that is reassuring. I guess I'm just hoping I'm seen and sorted ASAP so I can start getting back to normal and can actually play with my son and do things with the older ones again too x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.