Gingermo

Posted , 5 users are following.

Been taking Warfarin, Bisoprolol and Ramipril for Atrial Fib and BP problems since July 2015. Took aspirin for another separate artery problem which I have now stopped. Doctor advised Atorvastatin as my cholestrol levels are 6.7, having been 4 last year. Stopped taking statins over a year ago and do not really want to take them again but they say with family history and my own problems they are necessary. One concern is whether they should be taken together. INR level is 2.7 and worried it could change due to statins. Does anyone have any experiences with these particular meds being taken together. Would appreciate your comments.  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I was prescribed Bisoprolol (5mg) and Ramipril (5mg) and Artorvastatin (80mg)after stent inserted following heart mid 2013. Doctors wondered why my BP was so low. I kept fainting. I stopped taking Ramipril against their advice. Felt better. No problems since.

Artorvastatin was another matter. Symptoms didn't manifest for 12-15 months and included bloating, risk of T2 diabetes, liver inflamation, excema on limbs torso and face, muscle aches, joint pain, depression, memory loss, hair loss and others. Yes, cholesterol was lower, but I was sick, sick, sick. I began weaning myself off the statin not telling the doctor in August 2015. Next blood test showed raised cholesterol. I admitted I had stopped taking the statin because of all the side efects he had constantly dismissed as "not connected."

He then started me on Rosuvastatin which caused crippling leg pain with weeks. I immediately stopped taking it. Next was Ezetrol which does not work on cholesterol production in the liver, but mops up cholesterol in the gut. When I asked about side effects the doctor changed the subject. I checked side effects which included nausea, vomiting, headaches, rashes, liver damage and more. I have tossed the prescription away and will never take statin drugs again. Nearly 5 months off the poison and I feel so much better. Most symptoms have disappeared, though there are diminishing bouts of some. Hoping long term damage averted.

You are right to be concerned about taking statins. They are poisoness and set vulnerable people up for a life time of debilitating and even fatal diseases. Warfarin is also a risky medication which should not be taken together with aspirin. I too have a family history of raised cholesterol. Father, who had several stents, died at 90 years old, but paid the price for using satins that made him ill for years. My doctor also used the guilt-trip argument. My response: "You would burn down the house to save the letter box." I wasn't sick until the doctors got involved. Raised cholesterol? So what! No-one gets out alive. Then I used the line Donald Trump is famous for: "You're fired!"

Good health to you and your future.

• Posted

hello MoK...actually you are right about statins...I have familial Hypercholesteromia and my cholesterol was raised to 8 or 9. On statins for two years, (atoravastatin),  it went down to 5 or 6.  the alleged symptoms came after few months was eczema on face, hair falling, memory loss, etc...so I stopped two months ago, (need to check lipid again). the symptoms are persisting...same eczema on the face, memory blank sometimes and falling hair.  Perhaps it is not related to statins?
  • Posted

It took me 10 years to find that my Afib was a side-effect of first Ramipril and then Candesartan. I now take Bisoprolol with fewer Afib episodes and am certain if I could give up BP meds. altogether (which i can't) I wouldn't have Afib.

I took many different statins (when taking Warfarin) but suffered muscle/joint pain and they didn't seem to affect my INR at all. As I now have peripheral neuropathy I don't take statins any more.

• Posted

I have been taking Bisoprolol and Rampiril for over a year now..(along with other medications).aspirin was outlawed following problems with peptic ulcer and internal  bleeding, but I  take Clopidogrel for my blood thinning...The Atorvastatins 80mg. I take early  evening. I reently had an appointment with the Cardiac consultant who is arranging for an echocardiogram prior to possible change in medication...but it was pointed out to me when I first started taking the statins this should be taken separately from my other medications. I take 2 (tummy liners) i.e. Lansopraole  the mornings with my other medications and Ranitidine also and another dose of Ranitidine before bedtime...with very little change to this regime during a whole year...but this works for me with BP changing very little....but would suggest strongly you only listen to your professional or GP and act upon their advie.....Incidentally I am over 80 so could probably be assessed as a vulnerable age....hope the above helps in some way, but please only act upon advice of the professionals....they know of your health issues...what works for me may not work for you........good luck....and hope this helps you to ask the right questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.