Bladder Retention,

Posted , 3 users are following.

Consistently holding 3-400 cc after voiding. Any input for me to consider?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Clean Intermittent Catheterisation (CIC). Plenty of info available on this site. Check in with poster JimJames. This is the most-commented thread 'Self Catherization. An alternative to Turp, Greenlight, HoLEP...?'

You actually need to give much more info about your condition's history, what tests you have had, any medication you have been taking and so on.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply gb,   I just had an appt. with my urologist 2 days ago and tried to keep it simple, 1 was I had a Urolift done last summer and my volume and pressure when I void is only slightly better, however a few months afterwards I had very good pressure and volume.   So he set an apt in 4 weeks to do a systoscopy and take a look around,

2nd is even after I am still retaining 3-400 cc. This last bladder scan showed 383.   So he started me on Bethanechol, he said it helps to compress the bladder to help squeeze the contents out.    So I will see.

One possible contributor is I also have "low T".  That was just checked last week by my endocrinologist and my free was 41  and total was 240. So she wants to start me on androgel.     I did have a testopel done 4 months ago and it raised my T number to almost 600 but made it hard to urinate,   My dr thinks it may have had nothing to do with it but I disagree.  

Thanks,,,check back later.   

Anthony

• Posted

anthony2858, if you're the slightest bit overweight (and I surely am), it wouldn't hurt to drop a few (and I surely am).  Take my comment for what it's worth, and good luck my friend.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.