I'm worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies I'm Melanie 26 yrs old new patient of polycystic ovaries

My left and right ovaries are polycystic I knowing that 2days ago when I'm going to check up on oby.

The oby told me that I'm taking some pills in 6 months starting next month.

I just want to know only when my polycystic is gone by taking pills

It's have a possibility to come back my polycystic when I can't take anymore ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

First of all, it is important that you be aware that there is no pill that can cure polycystic ovaries.

Do you know what pills you will be taking? And, why? Is it for infertility or other symptoms? It sound like you are being given Clomid to help you ovulate and conceive. Is that correct? If so, these will only help for ovulate for as long as you are taking them. You can only take them for 6 months at a time, but you may be able to complete more than 1 cycle of 6 months depending on how you react to them.

It doesn't sound like your Doctor has explained this very well, perhaps you should write some questions down to ask for the next time you see them? It is so hard to remember everything so that might help you to stay on track and get the info you need. Also, I would recommend that you take a pen and paper to write things down asbit can all get quite confusing when you are new to PCOS.

GOOD LUCK

Angela

• Posted

The oby told me to take a pills coz I told her that my menstrual cycle is not normal so she ask me to check up by ultrasound

And the ultrasound results is my ovaries are polycystic that's why she told I'm taking a pills.

So I just want to know if my polycystic ovaries is gone by taking the pills

Its have a possibility to come back or what?

• Posted

What pills have you been given? It is well known that there is no one pill that can cure polycystic ovaries, which is why I wondered whether the Doctor had given you full information.
  • Posted

Hi Melanie

Like others have says there is no tablet that can cure pco but they can give you tablets to help you ovulate and to help with regulating you're periods I was diagnosed with pcos 10 years ago and have used metformin and clomid .. Last year I spent the whole year going to the gym and eating healthy I ended up loosing over 4 stone and my periods become regular again and last October I found out I was pregnant..I'm now 5 month pregnant and I really think that with the tablets and eating better and exercising helped me.. Fingers crossed it helps you.. You should ask for them to explain it all to you properly tho so you understand xx

• Posted

Hi Melanie,

I had always suffered from irregular periods and would even go 6 months without one. Gp put me on the contraceptive pill to regulate my periods. It was only after I married and started to try for my first child that I couldn't understand why it was taking so long. I was refered to gynecological consultant and when the scanned me I to was diagnosed me with polycystic ovarie syndrome.

I was prescribed clomid to take and was lucky after the 3rd month on this I fell pregnant. I am now 46 years old have three wonderful healthy boys I was prescribed clomid when trying for each one and they are now aged 24, 21 & 15.

Has the consultant put you on something to try and regulate your periods or is it medication to help you conceive. I'm sure by now there may be even more up to date meds out there from when I was trying.

Try not be to discouraged. I do think your Dr should have explained this condition to you in more detail. You should definitely make an appointment to discuss this further to give you a better understanding of pcos.

Try not to think the worst as we tend to do at times.

Take care. 💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.