My question is regarding my mother who also has Sjogrens problem in her lungs.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have sjogrens and my mother does also. Her problem is her lungs. She has recently been hospitalized actually 3 times with pneumonia. Her lungs are not fluid filled like most people. They are very very dry. She is put on oxygen to keep her lungs from the dryness. Her pulmonary doctor worries about her dryness and of course she is 84 years old. Actually her health is not bad. Her cough is very dry and it hurts to talk. Has anyone experienced anything like this or has any information they could share with me.

Thank you

Kristyk

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there do you live in the UK?  If so please ask your mum to join the BSSA and to join my FB group BRITISH SHJOGRENS as we are run by BSSA members for BSSA members. The dry cough is typical for Sjogrens. She needs moisture in the room so assuming your in the UK or USA then she will have central heating on. All she needs as you sat she has oxygen is to put a bowel of water above the radiators to increase the humidity. Failing that, buy a nebuliser. They were available at 2 German supermarkets in the UK a few weeks ago. They will be back again I'm sure, as the price was exceptionally good. I do hope this helps and give your mum my love as I too have SS & Lupus💖💞💖
    • Posted

Thank you for your suggestions for my mm. She will truly appreciate your suggestions. I will tell them to her when she wakes up. And I will send her your love.thank you too. I have sjogrens and Lupus also

Kristyk

God bless you

• Posted

If she's not on humidified oxygen, you might ask that she be put on it.
    • Posted

Ok i will mention that to hat thank you for your help and appreciate is so much. She has had this for so long I knew only she has the worse case of Sjogrens I have ever srlee. I will mention to her tonight. Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH

Kristyk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.