Stomach and torso aching 16 weeks post Laparotomy

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am sure its nothing to worry about and just a normal course of recovery.

I had been feeling back to normal around xmas after my Cyst removal by Laparotomy. But the last week I have been feeling drained and my stomach and torso has a constant dull ache.

The last few nights, when lying down for bed, a small sharp pain can be felt on my left side about an inch from my wound.

Advice from those who have had the same surgery would be appreciated.

Reckon this is just me recovering and maybe I have just over done it one day (I am in a Panto so do light dance 2 times a week)

I worry as this is how I felt before the surgery and being told I have Stage 1a cancer (gone)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I'm only 6 weeks post laparotomy also diagnosed as 1a. It sounds possible you could have pulled newly healing muscle. As the symptoms are similar to prior to your procedure I would definitely mention it to your surgeon...I was advised that any problems or concerns should be checked out to rule out reoccurrence. I'm no expert though just didn't want to read and ignore.

Hope all goes well

Angela

• Posted

Sounds like you have over done things a bit .. I had my left ovary and mass out last April told rare ovarian cancer and just had right out .. my Facebook page wombles small cell ovarian cancer fight and awareness.. has all my story if your worried ask hospital xx
    • Posted

Thanks,

I an just a worrier. Been feeling off for a week now.

Cant think of what I have done to over do it, if that is the case. But I guess even minor dancing for my Panto might cause it.

• Posted

Hi there

Just thought id reply ..I am going into hospital this Thursaday for a complete hystorectomy due to severe endomitriosis and 2 re grown cysts I also had the Lap last year,they returned within weeks !!!

I have this awful dull ache pain in my hips constantly and somtimes in my back,pelvis I am on so much painkillers It would kill a baby elephant ... I have asked for another scan,but they wont do it.I have no clue as to why.But I do think its because they grew back so quickly and even bigger.I dont know if you suffer endo,but could it be a possibility ? 

I have a question..You have mentioned cancer type 1a ? I dont understand this ..I have had a ca125 and it came back a little risen..But every time I get a blood test done (quite often) They do another ? Could you tell me about th e 1a as I have an awful feeling about me and all this pain I am in..Id just lkike a heads up b4 I go into hospital on Thursday XXXXX

• Posted

Grade 1a is the lowest grade of ovarian cancer is rarely found early. I was lucky as I only had the procedure for a large cyst. Ovary was removed and they tested it to find grade 1a at a very very early stage. So early my doctor was shocked it was so early!!!

A lot of the time, a raised CA125 is totally unrelated.

I was not in any pain prior, just very uncomfortable and achy.

You will soon learn all come Thursday when you go in. Good Luck

We are all different so it is hard to tell.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.