tight neck muscles=head pressure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello to you all. for the past two months or so i have been experiencing constant head pressure located mostly in the upper part of my forehead but sometimes it will radiate to my cheekbones and bridge of my nose. i am also slightly lightheaded most of the day. i suffer from anxiety and panic disorder so from time to time the muscles in my neck..mostly the left side...tend to tense up but they usually get better after a few days. this time around the tighness in my neck has been constant for over two months. when i tilt my head down and to the right i can feel tightness in my neck muscle (trapezius i beleive) as well as a point between my spine and my left shoulder blade. it feels like the muscle in my neck is connected to that spot in my back. when i turn my head to the left...so that my chin is near my left shoulder...i can feel the tug in the trapezius but not the back muscle. if i turn it to the right i can't feel it as much. if i turn my head to the left and upwards (as if trying to touch the part of my head behind my right ear to my right shoulder) i can feel that back muscle really tight. my neck is stiff pretty much all the time but there is no pain. could my neck muscle be so tight that they could be the cause of my head pressure issues? i've read that if the neck muscles are too tight they can sometimes restrict the blood flow through the neck and this can create symptoms like mine. i've read they can mimic sinus symptoms. there is no actual pain in my neck or back..it just feels tight.is there anything i can do to help with the tight neck muscles? i am not able to see a professional as i have no insurance and my agoraphobia makes it difficult for me. so any ideas i can try myself at home would be great. thanks for reading. smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I went to see a chiropractor in Doncaster who did some fantastic work manipulating Sacrial bones(the boes that make up your skull).

This helped a lot for me but this isn't cheap and it could take many sessions to get the muscles to hold the bones in place, so when you first go and you notice an improvement and then it all goes back to the begining then you will have to go and have the treatment again each time the improvements last a little longer

• Posted

hi grahammolyneux...my problem is that i cant see a professional so i was hoping to get some ideas/suggestions about things i can do here at home to help relieve tight neck muscles.
  • Posted

Hi you could try going on you tube and looking for neck and chest upper back stretches I have had similar and the feeling is not nice but stretching seems to ease it somewhat
    • Posted

hi dee50031. good idea about youtube. ill check tonight. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.