Why are tucks used?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have an anal fissure, and I'm supposed to put a cream and a wet tuck in my butt 2 times a day. 

I don't know why the reason a tuck helps, and I looked on the internet and can't find out why. I asked a nurse and she doesn't know. I tried to ask my doctor but it was at a bad time because he was busy and said he has no time for questions. 

So I had this theory but I could be wrong. The tuck is wet. If I put cream first, then I put a tuck and the tuck absorbs the cream and causes drops of the cream to fall into my anus and would cause it to heal. 

Ever since I thought of this theory I always stand up for a couple of hours after putting the tuck in my butt. 

Am I right about my theory? If I'm wrong and you know why tucks are used then please tell me.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tucks are wipes, yes?

If yes, they are used because the moisture is far easier and kinder to your painful areas than toilet paper which scratches when in pain.

Putting it in? Never heard of that, would seek a doctors advice as and when you can.

• Posted

Tucks are used because they contain witch hazel in them and are used to shrink hemmroids.

• Posted

Hmm I wouldn't use Tucks. They help shrink hemmorhoids = contracting. Contracting = pain for fissures.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.