Escitalopram and Ibuprofen

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys quick question.

I have been on Cipralex (escitalopram) for nearly 2 months and I have a severe tooth ache and I need something to relieve my pain with until I go to the dentist. I had been always using ibuprofen before but now I don't know if there is a problem with cipralex.

Anyone care to help? :D

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I the ibroufen have been on cipralex on and off for 10 yrs and always taken it.

I did check with Dr as it says to not to take them but it's aimed at people who take them Max dose every day for long periods of times and the Elderley to

Hope this helps you and your tooth ache gets better

• Posted

I'm taking 20mg Escitalopram and I take all the normal painkillers as I did before for cramps, headache ect including Ibuprofen and Paracetamol and I haven't had any problems but is you're worried I'd speak to your doctor.
  • Posted

Thank you guys, I did take some and it relieved my pain without any issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.