Feeling Low.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Where to start everything just feels like it is getting on top of me.......

Normally i write in my journal and close it, then it feels like a minor thing but i just cannot for the life of me shake this low mood.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Is it possible to plan something for the weekend that you enjoy doing, to take your mind off your current feelings?
    • Posted

Maybe RHGB but i have no energy for that at the moment!
  • Posted

You are either suffering from a bout of anxiety or depression. Just how bad it is only your doctor can say. Anything can have brought this on so I suggest you see your GP a.s.a.p.
    • Posted

Thanks Gwen, unfortunately there are no GP appts next week and they dont class it as an emergency.

I will however look againa nd see if i can get in.

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Sorry to hear that this low mood is weighing you down at the moment. I've had recurrent episodes of chronic depression over the years and I get the feeling of being overwhelmed. I've learnt that I need to assess things and something usually has to give, even if it's temporarily. To put things in perspective I think to myself: "What if I wasn't well enough to do anything that I do now". This helps me to prioritise and find exactly what I have energy to do and what I don't have the energy for. I've reached breaking point several times in the past and it's something I try to avoid now if I can when I see the warning signs. Once you have given yourself a little breathing space you can try to concentrate on your self-care (i.e. your needs and your well-being - whatever it takes to do something just for you and build up your confidence and energy levels again).

I know it isn't easy but you've got this far because of your inner strength. Keep going and give yourself a chance :-)

Big hug xx

• Posted

Hi Digsby,

thank you for that, i just feel like everything is getting to me at the minute, at work and at home. being taken for granted as well.

I have booked a GP appt for 2 weeks but sometimes i struggle to open up but i know i have too. if not smething has to give.

hugs x

• Posted

I know that feeling of being overwhelmed is more acute when we do not feel supported or validated by those around us. People who don't understand depression would probably dismiss this as "attention-seeking" but it's nothing of the sort - we just need some reassurance and some positive input to our emotional lives to help us cope with the daily struggle. You are doing your best so please believe in yourself :-)

P.S. How are your cats? xx

• Posted

Thanks Disgby, I know my boss putting me under more pressure than ever to do 2 jobs instead of my one is stressing me more than ever.

My cats are great thanks, they are my world smile

• Posted

Depression has taught me to know and voice my limitations (without apology). I do my very best and if that isn't good enough for some people then that's their problem and they need to adjust their expectations. If there is a shortage of staff at your work then it's only fair to share the workload or reassess priorities. Putting pressure on existing staff so stress and sickness levels rise is short-sighted and makes no economic sense. Do as much as you feel able but draw the boundaries wherever reasonable. Keep strong and believe in yourself :-)

xx

• Posted

thank you Digsby, think it has just amounted to so much and its exploded. broke down in front of my boss this week as well so not having a very good week.

bottled the doctors visit last night as well, i think it is the fear of admitting there is a problem but i know until i do i cant get the help i need.

thank you smile

• Posted

Sorry to hear your week has been so bad. I can relate - I have had some real meltdowns at work ;-)

You know in your heart that things are not going to get better without seeking some kind of help. Don't be embarrassed and don't think of it as a sign of weakness. Do whatever it takes to protect your health - you owe it to yourself. You're used to writing your innermost thoughts and feelings down - perhaps try this with the doctor to allow you to open up. I know that first step is the hardest (and if I could be there with you to hold your hand and reassure you everything is going to be ok, I would, I really would!) Recovery is just a step away so please don't let things build up anymore. I'm not nagging you and I don't want to put any pressure on you cos I know this doesn't work when well-intentioned friends do it to me. But I really care what happens to you and I don't want to think of you suffering when you could have the support that you need.

Big hug xx

• Posted

Hi Digsby,

Thank you so much for your advice and reassurance.

I will write it down and hopefully feel brave enough to say something to my GP

hugs for you too smile

• Posted

UPDATE:

argh beating myself up now, saw my gp monday (different one this time) just could not say and admit that im feeling low and crappy!

although i trust this gp more than my other one i just could not do it, i think it is the fear of being told im being stupid!

argh!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.