Post Op Gas?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello All,

I just had a UFE 4 days ago, and must say the symptoms have subsided quite a bit.  Still a bit tight and crampy, but really all and all improving.  However since yesterday I've noticed when I move, I have pain in my upper right abdomen, where one of my giant fibroids is lcoated.  It truly feels like stuck gas, right under the rib cage, but having never had surgery before now, what the hell do I know? 

If it contiunes I'll cal the radiologist on Monday, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, for about 6 months after I had UAE, I had pain in the fibroids if walked fast or ran ( I try and run, more like jog, twice a week). It got better over time and was much better by 2 months. If you have big fibroids you will have quite a bit of soreness, the first week, after minimal exertion- short walk, going up stairs. I had paracetamol, ibuprofen

and tramadol and took all regularly for the first week. I was prescribed tramadol 2 three times daily but just took one and that was enough. So make sure you are not constipated.

• Posted

This seems to be exactly what I'm expereincing. Soreness. Thank you so much for your quick response!  I was giiven oxycodone but haven't taken them, as the ibuprofen seems to be ok for managing the pain. And I'm definitely not constipated.  So thank you, I will bear this in mind and not freak out too much.  It makes logical sense - larger fibroiids will cause larger amounts of pain, but sometime logic excapes me.  

I'm already bored to death, and  actually took my dog for a half hour walk this morning and every step i felt sore somewhere, I am now exhausted.  I'm just going to have to suck it up, arent I?  And just rest. 

thanks again!

• Posted

Oh I totally hear you! I had the procedure done on Wednesday and I'm so bored to death already! The first 2 days were surprisingly ok (I also only took iboprifen) but today I'm very sore and very low in energy since I also got my quite heavy period

I'm also experiencing the same weird trapped gas feeling - which does happen all the time with open cut surgeries but really shouldn't with this one. I also have had a low grade fever on and off.

I think our situations are similar as I also have a few huge fibroids that are probably in the process of dying very very slowly. Please keep me posted on your progress!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.