ibs ???

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had my symptoms for around 2 years. Chronic fatiuge constant left sideded abomanial pain palpations and loose stools and undigested food.

My doc says it is ibs without any proper tests. Had a sigmoidoscopy all clear. I know th worry can make the symptoms worse but the left sided pain and the fatige can be quiet debilitating at times i seem to get breathless doing the slightest thing.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Maybe research diverticulitis ? I can't answer but hope you get some new leads. I'm same boat but without any invasive diagnosis so far.

Have you had a recent full blood count and c reactive protein test? Could indicate possible infection and high inflammatory markers.. If tests indicate so. You could go direct to the lab and request to pay and get the tests done then take them to your dr if any of the wbcs are elevated or the crp too

• Posted

Hi Richard,

If it was me I would certainly go back to doctor.  Discuss your concerns that nothing was picked up after sigmoidoscopy.  That you are still suffering with debititating fatigue and pain. Explain to your GP that this pain and fatigue is really affecting the quality of your life.The next step is a colonoscopy which will show a much clearer picture of what is happening in your bowel.

As you said the worry of why you feel like this is making your symptoms worse - please make an appointment to see your GP.

Keep in touch.

Best wishes.

• Posted

My GP recently said to me that everyone has ibs. It is just that some people have it worse than others. I suppose in a way that makes some kind of sense.

We all have periods when we don't digest food properly.

My friend had ibs for years when she was running a post office and a shop. As soon as she retired the symptoms disappeared. So stress and worry is certainly a factor.

But if you are not happy then go back maybe to another GP in the same practice and voice your concerns.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Try looking online for symptoms of Chronic fatigue syndrome. See how many you have of them. Ibs can be a symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. Most drs aren't aware. If it is or only ibs stress is a big factor. Also look at diet too much fibre cam make things worse. There are different types of fibre and you have to be careful you aren't eating too much fibre that it is hard to digest.
    • Posted

yeh i will do look at all sorts its the fatiuge and left sided abdo pain thats the problem and constant acid 
  • Posted

I have right sided cramps and severe cramps.  I do not mind pain and once had a sharp object next to my eye which bled profusely and I walked 3 miles to hospital but these cramps are incredible.  If I am sat down I writhe and knock things off so I tend to stand and my body forces me into these weird Igor poses as I can not control it. 

Tests for me all clear too and I have posted on fatigue a few times and fallen asleep on my bathroom floor so I am in complete agreement.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.