Did I mess up my blood result by taking an NSAID?

Posted , 6 users are following.

ok, I know I'm not supposed to do this...

I was planning to go do my blood test today. 

I've been in more pain, I just started on Rayos 6 mg.

Yesterday my upper back hurt so much... now I have NOT taken an NSAIDs since I've been on Prednisone!!! Over 1 year...But I did yesterday!

I felt almost normal!  Darn it!   Almost.But I know, especially with my already messed up stomach from Pred not to do this.

Did I mess up my possible SED and CRP rates by doing this?

I was also going to go get cortisone shot in my right hip, also been over a year since last one. 

My next Rheumy appointment is in 19 days. Can't really go up on my Rayos, they only give me 20 days worth at a time, so not sure I can freely take more on my own.

Any thoughts on if I messed up my possible blood results?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh, well, showing my ignorance... I found an article that said yes, anti inflammatory meds (NSAIDs) do affect ESR and CRP. Guess I will not go get my bloods tested for my PMR today!  😝😊
    • Posted

Yes, they do - I was just going to ask what you took?
    • Posted

Just one ibuprofen.  I mentioned it to Rheumy, she didn't seem to care. Asked if I still wanted shot. Geez, why do I have to be my own doctor? 

Or maybe it's ok to take one once in a while.

• Posted

One isn't going to make a lot of difference! It's regular use that is risky.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.