Same old story

Posted , 5 users are following.

Seems to be a common subject but I need some advice. Have had an uncomfortable stomach for around 5/6 months now and been to the doctors on numerous occasions. Had discussions about IBS, GERD and acid reflux. Am due an endoscopy in a few weeks but currently across top of stomach always feels restricted and tight, also had a pain to inside of ribs just to right of breastbone. This week my back has felt right too across the centre. Is this all related? My bowel habits have always been over active but more often than not not solid. 3 stool samples and plenty of blood tests but nothing as yet showing any outcome!! Any ideas?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your colon runs right along your front just bellow your ribs and can cause back pain as well if it's constructing also known as spastic colon .

We are finding more and more people who has GRD or Gastroesophageal reflux disease also has ibs wait until you get your endoscopy and then take it from there but speak to your go if symptoms get worse

• Posted

Thanks. Should be within the next two weeks for the endoscopy. The waiting and probably reading of everyone else's issues can make things seem worse but at the same time it's comforting to hear it's common.
  • Posted

It sounds like IBS.  When tests show nothing, the diagnosis is irritable bowel.  My symptoms are very similar, although I don't have a tight stomach.  However, wait for the results of your endoscopy.

• Posted

Thanks for the advice. Sometimes it just seems to be the easiest option to say IBS but hopefully in a way the endoscopy shows nothing and it's something to cross off the list. My mum has recently had similar symptoms and an ulcer was discovered, tablets seems to be affected. I've tried to make a food diary but it appears anything I eat can trigger it off. It's the constant uncomfortableness that's the issue. Any extra back aches and pains seems to make you think it's something else
  • Posted

Some sounds familiar but I do not get back pain.  I would wait for the endoscopy.  While you are having that I would ask prior to this for a colonoscopy too and that way you are covered.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.