Barely hanging on

Posted , 5 users are following.

Where to start first of all I'm sorry if this post is to long but I have to get it out some way I'm barely hanging on I'm so depressed and anxious it's unbareble and the none stop thoughts of dying is with me all day and night I just can't cope with reality at all barely able to function especially the last few days where I've been mainly house bound I'm to scared to tell any1 how I'm feeling especially my family I feel like I don't know who I am anymore I just can't ever see my self getting over this and living a normal life again :-( :-( :-(

3 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi omeara

sorry to hear how unwell you are. Please don't be scared to tell your family, they will be saddened to learn you have been suffering and coping on your own. You need to get help for your depression. Staying in bed doesn't bring recovery. Please dont suffer longer than need be. Have you seen your doctor at all? You need to urgently speak to someone you trust. Don't leave things...no time like that present! Please let me know how you get on.

wishing you better xx

God bless ♥♥

• Posted

Hi there Omera - my first thought on reading your message was how frightened you sound. I am not sure if you are on any medication but if you are it sounds as if you need to see your GP to see whether they are effective for your kind of symptoms or whether you need something that is more sedative. In my twenties I had a severe  episode of depression where the main focus was on the fear of death and this went on and on until i was given appropriate medication. I do not know much about your  background but my fear of death had originally been sparked by the death of my brother at a young age and so the anxiety around this was still around and reemerged in my depression. i do not think that you should be managing these symptoms alone and you need to be able to talk about it fully. Your family should know that you are scared of all of this - they may not need to know the  details but someone should. I hope that you can find some relief from this as it sounds awful. it   is  not okay for you to cope alone too long Omera - the level of anxiety sounds really high.jen
  • Posted

Tyvm Lorraine 4yr kind words but I've been to da doctors mental health clinics been on all sorts of medication in da past got me no where so I give up. and tried to manage best I could my self sadley I'm afraid I'm just one of those people that probably can't be helped Sry 4 sounding so nective but I can't help it.:-(
    • Posted

Hi omeara

you don't sound negative, you sound very unwell. You may of tried different meds, but it sounds like you haven't found the right combo or dosage of meds. Please do not think you will always feel like this, you 100% won't. You will get better, but you need to let your doctor and family know that your current medication is not helping you feel better. If your on a fairly new medication, this can also make you feel worse, before it makes you better.

Please let those you trust and your doc, that you are finding it very hard to cope.

Please stay in touch

God bless ♥♥♥

• Posted

Again ty so much 4 yr support Lorraine I'm just finding it so hard to bulid up enough courage to tell any1 I will have to some way it's just so hard.
    • Posted

Please find that courage omeara ♥♥

You can do it...and it's time for you to feel better and start enjoying life.

god bless..you will find once you start opening up, your life will be so much better.

Xxxxx

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel, because I feel the same way. I am barely hanging on. All I do or have the desire to do is sleep. I don't want to get out of bed nor see anyone. I feel like a zombie and all I want to do is live, but with my current financial situation, which I am trying very hard to get out of, I can't seem to progress. 
  • Posted

im very sry ahsoka u r suffering like me cus i wouldint wish the torment on any1 its just really to much to take. i really hope tings get better 4 u and me.
    • Posted

Hello, I hope your situation has improved since, suffering is a normal thing, people get depressed and verily life is a test, we are all depressed, some people experience the real struggle of life, the dark side of life, which is living in war, seeing their beloved people dying and some do not have food etc... I am not trying to tell you that what you are going through is nothing compared to others, I am just trying to remind you that depression and anxiety is not something which affects only a certain group of individuals, everybody has his own struggle, I am not here to tell you that you are mentally ill or you need this medication, what I can suggest you is that go and see the World with your own eyes, you will see some people have lost everything but their heart and their soul are still fighting ! we must take lesson from those people ! Travel if you can, keep fighting I know it is tough out there but we cannot change anything, we are powerless, try to find solution to improve your situation do not lose hope ! Keep fighting so that tomorrow you will be able to enjoy life ! (Sorry for my bad English :P)
  • Posted

Has this happened before? What helps you?  You could preface telling a trusted friend or family by saying , I am not trying to manipulate you, i just have to reach out to someone about how i feel, and tell them. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.