Experiencing pins and needles for 11/2 years

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been experiencing pins and needles in my hands and legs for 1 1/2 years now.Have had xrays and MRI scna but no diagnosis.Last year i under went surgery to my right arm for a tapped nerve.Since then it has gone from bad to worse.I now experience pain from my neck shoulders and hands,also I can not put pressure on my right hand.The pain is worse at night so I harldy sleep and I have a lot of hot flushes.At times I can not carry a plastic bag with a few groceries due to the pain.I am so fed up because the pain relief tablets aint helping me.

Also I have sore feet which they say its due to bad nerves.This causes my feet to ache and feel so hot like a burning sensation. Can anyone help? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go see Doc again and get it sorted,  tell him what you have put on here ie print it out.

Get some peace of mind about whats making your body feel like this, good luck.

Let us know how you get on xx

Win xx

• Posted

Thanks Winnie ,I am going to book an appointment and I will keep you updated.
  • Posted

l get pins and needles from my neck shoulders down my arms into hands, and some pain with it, though my pain isnt severe most of time, can cope with it, thats over last few months, but lve had long standing severe pain at top of legs back from under butt, that does nag and prevent sleep, always associated that with intersticial cystitus as both started same time, follow csection. l can get flushes occassionally, and off times get hot feet and hands, though more often cold, and then get spasms, also just over last few moths, tiredness, lve to see rheumy to confirm fibromyalgia. Sounds like yours could be nerve pain, l always thought my pelvic upper leg pain due to nerve damage from op, felt like nerve pain, causing jumpy restless legs at time, and did get sciatica, and its possible fibromyalgia might be nerve related. If your pain pins and needles as got worse since surgery the consultant should follow up on that, but know thats easier said than done the ways things are, but worth ringing or writing to him or his secretary, more so if your gp isnt helping, cant beleive how many people are left to cope with life affecting problems for months or years, sometimes, though not always, the consultants can be more helpful than gp, my urologist is, but l guess youll be sceptical about yours following surgery,l can relate to that,  but its really up to him to follow up, also amitriptylene is a commonly used nerve end calmer for many conditions, and helps with sleep, only needing a low dose to help a bit.  You dont say how old you are, although l wasnt keen to use a shopping trolley to help, it is easier than carrying heavy shopping, or a wheeled flight bag. Hope you can get help.
    • Posted

Thanks Lynne for your advice.I have recently relocated from England to Scotland,so I am still waiting patiently for my medical records to be transfered,even though its six weeks now.Once they get the medical records ,I hope to carry on the fight.Its not easy,I am 50 years old and like you said ,I am thinking of buying the wheeled flight bag.They have prescribed me Gabapentin,Naproxen and Codeine but not helping at all.Next time I will ask for the Amitriptylene . 
    • Posted

hi, l hope your able to get help with symptoms soon,good job you didtn relocate to outer hebride,s, you,d think it would be all on computer, but nothing suprises.You might actually get better service once you do get settled there, l,m guessing  your Scottish, not many Agnes,s in England, my mum was one, but origonally from Argyll, a Campbell, then via nth ireland to England, marriage here.  Bit of family tree thrown in, lol, but hope you settle in and enjoy your new surroundings, at least the air will be cleaner up there, fewer people and pollution, decent dr to help and

youve done well.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.