Feeling nothing at all..

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am so done. I am exhausted. I am scared.

I got married in September 2015 the happiest I have ever been in my entire life so in love.. so over joyed. Woke up November 2015 feeling nothing at all.

No feelings. Completely empty. No feelings of love.. no feelings of sadness.. just nothing.

Has anyone else ever expereinced this? Please help me feel less alone.. is this apart of my depression? Is this normal?

Thank you in advance.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way. Loneliness can really get to a person. I have two great kids and I still feel so alone. The depression is always there. I understand the emptiness as well. It feels awful. You are not alone. So many of us are suffering with you dear. Try to remember that you have to work hard to get better. It's so hard. Some days I feel like I will beat this and other days Iet it beat me. Just remember there is always tomorrow. We are here if you need us. We are fighting with you. We can tag team it together.

Stay strong

Helen USA

• Posted

I am so sorry you are feeling the same way. Truly.. it is a living hell. The lonely feeling for me comes from the fact that I feel alone in the way I feel or lack of feelings that is. I feel so abnormal and not myself.. I just am devistated. Thank you for responding and helping me feel a little less abnormal. Thank you for being a support. I have been trying all sorts of new things to be positive.. its just hard at the end of the day.. all the positive things in the world have not brought my old self back and I fear she is lost forever. I am also in the USA.
  • Posted

Yes definitely part of depression. Are you male or female?
    • Posted

I am a female. I just dont know how one day I could be so full of love and joy.. to just nothing. I dont even recognise myself. I dont have anything to be depressed about honestly.. I feel guilty for feeling this way at all.
  • Posted

I was the opposite. Most of my life I cared for nothing. I didn't value anything. I constantly had the outlook of 'I don't care, I will exist and die, it doesn't matter'. I lived everyday numb and severely lacked empathy. I had a brutal attitude for most of my life.

I was one of those who would think if there is a problem, suck it up and get over it.

I can't remember caring about things until a year or two ago.

It's awful to admit but I didn't have much feelings for my family. I feel disgusting saying that because it took a failed suicide attempt to realise I do care. I care about my family (well the four members of the family I love) I care about strangers, it hurts me when I see bad things on the news, when I see someone upset in the streets.

I did a complete 180.. I think your emotions will come back to you. I honestly do. I sometimes fall into that state occassionaly of condemning everything and everyone but it never lasts long.

I think it comes with the depression territory rolleyes I'm glad I finally learnt what being kind and loving things is. I hate the thought of who I was back then. It's probably why I was disliked as a teenager.

You'll be ok. Don't worry. x

• Posted

If that was confusing, by opposite I meant - I was unfeeling THEN I saw began to feel things.
    • Posted

I am trying not to worry.. I just dont know who I am at this point. I dont recognise myself.. no one recognises me. My husband tells me everyday " I miss my wife " I just have to tell him I miss her too. Thank you for responding. I am glad you found a way to find love and care - I am sure that was really a hard realization after an experience like that. You are a really strong person. Especially being able to admit and realize all of those things. I wish you all the happiness <3 >
  • Posted

Yes this is part of depression because at times even though i have a boyfriend who i live with there are times i feel a lone because of my depression 

Its hard to love and be loved when you are depressed

• Posted

I guess I just feel alone in the way I feel becuase it seems so bizarre to wake up one day and have no feelings... I have gone from being a very loving person filled with a lot of emotion to completely empty and unable to feel love. To feel love towards anything or anyone.
  • Posted

To all the lonely ones on here:  I have been feeling this way for so many years. I will be 68 next Saturday.  You think that's old, and it is, but time goes by so quickly.  I got married to a man I adored.  I was in it forever.  We had two beautiful daughters, and life was good.  One day all the signs of his having an affair were all there.  I tried to put the blame on my depression, but sad to say, it was the real thing.  He had fallen for a woman who had money, in my church, and left me with two little girls.  He paid child support, but I was so lonely...from then on, it was always downhill with relationships...I got married again, and it failed.  I am now alone, living with three sweet dogs.  I am getting too old and crippled to go anywhere or do anything.  Always be grateful for your physical health because you could lose it like I did...I don't know where to turn..It is getting to where I can't sleep very well, and sleeping was my one escape.  I'm so thankful that I have all of you on this board.  I live in the USA...As long as I can get on here and not feel alone, I am blessed....God bless you all!!
    • Posted

I'm sorry you've been through so much. I hate to hear of someone who has repeatedly lost people important to them.

I also find furry family members ease the pain of being alone, I really wish you all the best.

I admire you for fighting through all of that. You're a very strong person. 

• Posted

Hey, Carole!  You and I are from the same generation although unlike you, I WISH mine had found another woman and left me!  Perhaps you were happy all the way up until he left but I chose to stick it out with mine and I think that was a huge mistake.  So I guess hinesight is 20/20, as they say. 

My only child died in a terrible accident over a year ago and he was the one thing good that came from my marriage.  Now he's gone and there are no grandkids either so I'm truly alone, left with an alcoholic husband addicted to pain meds who is almost disabled now and I fear I will be left taking care of him if his health doesn't improve.  I don't see that happening because he won't take care of himself.  He's one of those men who believe it's t he woman's place to make everything better.  That's too much to put on one person.  So, I'm plotting an exit strategy at 66.  He's threatened me in the past when I wanted a divorce so I have to make a plan because I have no one to help nor would I put anyone else in danger.  He's obsessed with guns and is terrible to be around more than fifteen minutes at a time!  But I'm a smart lady, I have my health (I hope) and if all holds out, I will happily be free by this time next year.  We had some happy times but the bad times just  over ruled them.  My son was my hope and my help and now he's gone so it's  just me and my furbabies.  They get me through the day too. 

There is a tiny side to my husband that is tolerable but it's rare.  It's that side I fell in love with that has been overcome by alcohol and pills.  He's in a lot of physical pain which makes it even worse and he yells at me about everything.  He knows and understand what he needs to do to get better but I think he actually enjoys his misery because it makes me miserable too.  You can't win with someone like that.  So I'm leaving after 44 years.

My best to you! 

• Posted

Hi Tan

I completely can relate to how your feelings, I regularly feel like I am detached from my surroundings and dear family & friends. Unfortunately it's the depression making you feel this way.

I also got married last September, the most amazing day, the build up was wonderful and I loved every minute then came back from honeymoon and my depression and anxiety took hold again. Currently struggling daily with feelings of hopelessness, feel so alone even tho I have a good support network around.

It's very positive that your trying to plan things as distraction is a great way of bringing you into the here & now.

Just keep fighting & talking through feelings and thoughts on here, I feel I've really benefitted from talking to others in similar situations.

Also know your never alone

take care x B x

• Posted

Hi, are you still feeling this way? I feel the same. I'm a female. I have a child. And can feel no pleasure in my day. I'm very devastated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.