Escitalopram/Citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, and it's simply are escitalopram and citalopram EXACTLY the same. By that I mean if I was on Cit (which I have been for several years but now on sertraline) and I switched to Escit would I feel the same?. I ask this as a friend of mine is on Escit and she says it's fantastic for her and different to Cit, but there are many pages on the net that say although they are slightly different the effect is exactly the same. Many thanks and any replies would be gratefully ape recited... Luke

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No they are different different ingredient.

Escitalopram and cipralex are the same

• Posted

Thank you Kate, I asked my psych if I could try them as they say Cit is best for depression and Escit is better for anxiety which is my main problem but my psych told me on Thursday that they're the same. I'm on sertraline and pregabalin and I'm steadily getting worse. Thanks for replying x
    • Posted

I take escitalopram for anxiety and health anxiety

My friend has citalopram for depression

I knkw they different for a few reasons but one main one when I fell pregnant with my daughter they wouldnt let me have another prescription and changed me to citalopram as different ingredients.

My partner changed from citalopram to sertraline he has PTSD

• Posted

Thanks Kate, I'm due back at psychs in four weeks, I'm ask/insist I try Escit, nothing ventured and all that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.