Any success stories with Remeron

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was wondering if anyone out there has had luck with Remeron as I cannot take SSRI or SNRI. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathy

I was on citalopram for six months with no recovery. On switching to mirtazipine I felt instantly pulled out of depression. It is very good and it made a huge difference almost immediately. I had no horrid side effects. (I had every one going on citalopram)

Wishing you better X

God bless ♥

• Posted

Thank you for that Lorraine what dosage are you on and how long have you been on it?  I was on 15mg for 21 days and now 22.5 for 27 days still not seeing the lift in depression I was hoping for.  I cannot tolerate the SSRI or SNRI too many side effects like you on the citalopram.  Did you also have anxiety and did the Remeron help with that.  I still get the anxiety in the day and need to take Clonazepam which I was hoping to taper off once the Remeron kicked in.  Not as intense as it was but still there. 
    • Posted

Hi Kathy

Apart from being a bit sleepy on the first day, I had no side effects. I was on 15mg then 30 but quickly back down to 15 as 30 made me feel ill. I stopped after six weeks due to rages! I am fairly certain this was withdrawal from citalopram, not mirtazipine. You could be having some withdrawals from your previous antidepressant. Anxiety is quite common in withdrawal. If it's mirtazipine

I would suggest stabilising on the dose before upping (as you may not need an Increase) hopefully evergreen or calmer, betsy (allon this forum) will respond too as they are extremely knowledgeable in mirtazipine.

Keep posting your progress ♥♥

God bless x

• Posted

I have responded by PM, Kathy. I found mirtazapine (remeron) very fast acting. I think your anxiety is probably due to withdrawing from your other AD. But by now I woulld have hoped for an improvement from the mirt. Did I read you had started to withdraw from another AD? If so, I would probablly reinstate that and start to withdraw again once you feel stable. Good luck.
    • Posted

Hi Evergreen - no I was not on any other AD.  I cannot tolerate any SSRI or SDRI have severe reactions . They tried a few and I lasted only about 4 days.  My anxiety is from when I first got the vertigo 5 months ago and they are trying to stabilize my body which is why the benzo.
    • Posted

So 2nd day on 30mg Remeron and restless sleep and tire this am.  Does tis go away after my body becomes accustomed to the new dose.  Yesterday I felt great.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.