Does anyone know whats wrong with me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is a post i posted over a year ago..

Can someone please help me?

Posted 12 months ago

Hi i am 19 years old, I have found blood in my stools several times, I feel constantly bloated, I have pain sometimes, I have had loose stools for 8 months now.. I am going to see a speacilist but not until June, I am worried. 

Has anyone had the same issue or know what it could be?

NEW POST

I am nearly 21 and still having all these issues, however i did not get to see the specialtist as i relocated with my family to Newzealand.

I am going through all the doctors stuff again here and hopefully with have a Colonospocy soon, I just wondered if anyone knows what it might be? I hear different things all the time!

Thank you! smile

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Please no one reply with 'your too young for anything to be serious'

I know my body, Its been going on for too long somethings not right rolleyes

• Posted

The thing is it can be difficult to diagnose with out testing. It could be Crohns Disease or Ulcerative Colitis. With out a colonoscopy it is tough to tell. I have similar symptoms and I have Crohns Disease. A bacterial infection known as CDIFF can be the culprit as well. Try not to worry but get in for medical testing as soon as possible. All of the above can be really nasty.
    • Posted

Hi smile

Yes i have heard of those before, i have been submitted for a colonoscopy for anytime now or the next fews months fingers crossed!

Oh really, what were your symptons? 

Thanks for replying!

• Posted

It starts with bleeding, that gets progressively worse until you are so ill that you need to be hospitalized. You get the runs as well, and painful cramping. Like you are dying. If it isn't progressing in you it may be CDIFF. That can be low key for a while. I really hope for your sake you don't have these problems as it would be a shame for a young person to have. Really anyone but the younger the worse it can be down the road.
  • Posted

Colonoscopy will identify cause. Many reasons really, IBD, UC, are the most significant and will show up! Don't worry, stress just makes matters worse! You are in good hands and may really be something so simple to fix! Good luck!
  • Posted

You hear different things because it could be any one of lots of things. I dont think anyone has mentioned food sensitivities.   I had similar symptoms to yours for many years until I cut out all things dairy...Cheese,milk,yoghurt,cream. Symptoms suddenly stopped and I felt much much better.       It may take some time to figure out what is causing your problems but a colonoscopy is a very good start. Dont expect a quick answer.
  • Posted

Thank you all for your replies!

Today i got my stool results back, my Cal Protectant? (whatever that is) was raised too 500?

Apparently the average is 50? Anyone have this too or know what it indicates?

I googled it and it said its to do with Inflammation but im still unsure, I am in the que for a colonscopy so i will find out more then smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.